• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

airwave suspension

Put one in my Attak last year, love it. Stock suspension doesn't even come close to it. I have the on-board air compressor option, super easy to change pressure on the fly. I ordered their new Assault front air shock that will make it even better, should be here in a few days. I can't comment on other aftermarket suspensions, but I do know this one is absolutely awesome!

why spend big money on a shock upgrade if it is really that good? not giving you a hard time here, just seeking honest feedback about airwave.

airwave

does it handles everything as advertised? I'm sure it can smooth out the bumps & studders, but how does it "handle"? does it corner well and react quickly like the stock one?

Anyone out there that's mounted an Airwave suspension in an RX-1 or Warrior with the onboard air compressor, where is the best place to mount the pump,gauge and switch valve?? Thanks in advance.

I have a couple questions about the Airwave - mostly due to my disappointments with the Fast M-10. First, when compared to OEM, do you loose all of your weight transfer? And second, how is top end?

Stock suspension is much better at weight transfer, AirWave does have some, but not much. Ride height is more with AirWave, I haven't found that to be much of an issue on trails, probably due to less transfer. I don't know what the top end difference is since I put it in, very rarely am I personally WOT for long runs.
I mounted the switch valve on the left hand bar, just below the hand warmer switch. The guage I mounted near the reverse handle. The compressor mounted between the engine and front bulkhead. I had taken some pictures of this, I'll have to find them.
4bangdan---It's not that I felt the AirWave needed the Assault front air shock, I was just curious, and I had the money. I only have about 50 miles on it after I installed the shock, jury's still out. Playing with the settings to see the difference.

well i finally got to try an airwave this year, about 40 or so miles. we instaled it on an 04 rx1. quite easy to instal. i did really like it. would i spend the 1950 dollars it costs? not in a 121 version. the front end still sucks bad. a longer version would help this i guess. it really transfers very well. has a really plush low speed ride, but overall, i find the 07 jaguar i tried last season is waaaay better. if arctic cat would put a gsxr engine in it, i would definatley own one, no question about it! i wonder if my friend would instal better front shocks it would make much of a difference. final note. if i owned a polaris edge, i would be hard pressed to tell the difference between oem or airwave under the seat. maybe that would be the best description of the ride experience i had with the airwave. hope that helps :tg:

another issue i found with the airwave is alot of vibration under acceleration.

Back