• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

All RX1 Newbies . . . CLEAN YOUR CARBS

Always have started and warmed up my sleds every 2 to 3 weeks in off season since about late 80's, plus used stabilizer and last years seefoam. Never any trouble till our province switched to ethanol fuel in spring of 06. Had to clean carbs in May and again in June or July to get them to run for 2 week run. Switched to premium fuel with no ethanol and cleaned again at start of winter. Each year I store with non ethanol fuel and see foam, start every 2 to 3 weeks and have never had to clean carbs since.

Kviper- You have it right. The solution to the problem is to start the sled once a month and run it for 15 minutes or so. I have never had to clean my carbs, only sync. them. The sled runs flawlessly even though I am forced to use regular with ethanol in my area.

i always start mine every week in summer let run till rad gets hot.when service carbs in fall there clean.so clean clean and clean again then one more time it just saves so much bother

I have only cleaned my carbs once. They were acutally clean. I always drain my fuel tank after the season, run the gas in my car. When it's time to start up pre season I add fresh gas. We do not have alcohol added to gasoline here in Norway, maybe that's why we do not have a problem with carbs clogging up :)

Water in the fuel is not any funny either, gums up the gas and will clog up the pilot jets, my friend had that happen, 7 carb cleans in a row, he was not riding with us that day :-( .....

im cleaning my carbs for the first time... i hard a hard time getting the bowls off cause of that rubber oring around the main jet is that common for them to come off and go back on hard

z24thugg said:
im cleaning my carbs for the first time... i hard a hard time getting the bowls off cause of that rubber oring around the main jet is that common for them to come off and go back on hard
Replace them. They deteriorate over time

they come off easier with the new oring now the bowl gaskets are leakin guess ill go get some permatex sealer for them

Put some oil on the o-ring and the bowls will go on easier. Also I've found putting some oil around the inside of the carb boots helps alot when putting the carbs back on.

Back