• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Alloy apex rear bumper?

many places make them

Niko....you should know by now all the places to get a bumper....LOL. CrRacing has some, Parker Motorsports, VA,TS, I'm sure there are more also.....BUT I haven't found one with the "up" curve in the middle like the picture you show above. I'd like a stock replacement 3/4" aluminum tube with the 4" up bend so when your stuck your not smashed against the flap.

Re: Apex Bumper

MT RX1 Mountain Man said:
2XM3 said:
I made mine out of billet

Do you have a picture you could post of yours? Would you be willing to make one and sell it?
>>>
Ditto....
let's see them pics! We haven't seen your sled yet either....come on let us drool over that 174 set up ....... :Rockon:

sorry for the delay,I have been insanely busy the last few days, If you lke the bumper pm me and i'll see how much i can make it for, may change the slots a bit to be cleaner. If i can make a few i might get some hex bar for the cross piece, way cooler than the round.My first attempt was square with slots, really neat but bent the first time we unstuck her,there is no way the solid rod will bend. Also note my additional cross rods in the skid, my next step is to fish plate the "kink" area so as to eliminate any chance of bending..ha,,maybe 2 more products for me to make...lol

billet bumper

AWESOME....how much? I want one with the Hex tube "but" with rounded corners... love it! Also have you made any of the steering links....like the ones down in the belley or the cross shaft that runs length wise on the right side of the tub in front of the brake rotor. I have some other questions but will ask via PM....thanks for the pics it looks nice!

Me too, could you do one like this mod pic below? Black holes would be holes.

cheers ,
niko.

Attachments

• alloy-bar.jpg
    alloy-bar.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 110
BINGO

Exactly...that's what I meant by rounded corners....make two like NIKO has drawn and give us a dollar amount....anything else custom you make? Also did I read that you run a wider front end on your Apex....is it a 42" stance or the standard 39"? ;)!

niko said:
Me too, could you do one like this mod pic below? Black holes would be holes.

cheers ,
niko.

Ok, I am riding today and tomorrow, would you want solid bar or tube? Hex would have to be solid bar "if" I can get some, round can be bar or tube. solid bar is very strong, tube might bend if you really yank on it. Shape is no problem at all. I may have to move your holes a bit,I will look and see where they line up with the factory bolt hole locations. Tube would be lightest 4 sure. I will figure out how much and get back to u asap.

Oh my front end is a 42"...works great. Ski mod is a must do

I loved the gen 2 simmons from the start BUT i wanted the sled to carve and sidehill better, as well as more rapid turning in powder. I modded them the same way Carls does the the slp powder pros, (I have them on my RMK) and all i can say is WOW did it work good. If u look at my picture u can see the cut in the outside edge.

Back