• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

another phazer track swap

fatboysmith1

after reading a lot of stories about doing a track swap and how well it is working, i decided that i had better do it as well. I have found a 151x16 with a 2.52 pitch. i know that i need to trim it to 14-14.5. and do the 3" set back and drop an inch in the front(that seems to have a lot of success). however is there anything i need to worry about other than that? will my rails and drivers line up? also how tall of a paddle can i get away with?

I'm pretty sure you can fit up to 3inches in there. I have a 2.33 and still lots of room. Nothing else to worry about. The set back is more like 2 1/2 inches or 2 5/8. just make sure you stay on a level plane as you move the skid back.

Tbyrd, There seems to be a number of installs with a 1 inch drop on the front mount. Are you level on front and rear mounts.

@ givemeaboost
yeah i would be looking to sell it when i get it finished. it has about 1000 miles on it has some broken paddles. make me an offer

ok so i put the 151 one one this week and everything seemed to go fine, but there is a question i have about the drivers lining up with the inside lugs. I got the track from a skidoo 151. it has the correct pitch and the drivers line up that way, the thing is that this track doesnt have the 3rd row of lugs so the drivers are only turning the track off of one set. I am taking it out for a test drive tomorrow but am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if i need to worry about it racheting?

took the sled out with the swap done it racheted a little the first ride, tightend the track and then took it out in some powder and didnt have trouble, i will still throw some drivers on it, but man it has made a difference!

Did you drop the front mount hole 1/2" to 1"? The reason I did is because going straight back and level is that you are now shifting the center of balance between the track and the front skis. In general, you are adding ski pressure which is not good in powder riding. If you drop an inch or so you will lighten or maintain the original ski pressure and not increase it. How does yours seem to be handling? No matter what, you have made a tremendous improvement. ENJOY!!!!

i dropped it about an inch. i think that it has less ski pressure now then before, which i like. seems to be handling fine. I cant really tell in the powder but on groomed it is better. less fighting

Is it hard to move the skid back and all + do i have to do it or can i get rail extansions and a new track without the inconvenience of having to move the skid etc.

does it become alot slower or do i need to buy clutch kit or anything else to make it work decently?

also if u move the skid back, don´t u need to buy rail extansions? and can u fit a 151 track with 153 rail extansions?

Back