• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another real reason to Luv Yamaha (warranty issue)

UncleRedBuck

Veteran
I left another brand that I loved for years for my current Yamaha Apex.
sure it has the usual issues but they all do!!
I jumped ship to Yammie for a few reasons, fit'n'finish,quality,mpg,4stroke performance and a real 5yr oem warranty.
I bought my sled used with 500miles from a private seller and then went to a friends dealership (yes, he owned it).....and bought the 48month Y.E.S. warranty......this was 2years ago.
dealership went south Fall of 2008.
I just took my sled in for exhaust donuts......get a call from service informing me that I don't have YES associated to my VIN......my buddy is long gone with the dealership.
so I pulled my documents and called Yamaha direct.....great customer service.
I fax them the documents of the YES agreement and the invoice.
within an hour Yamaha Rep. contaced the repairing dealer and authorized all repairs, called me with update of the approved repairs. and will continue to pursue entering my sled in the YES program!

thank you Yamaha, and thier customer service was phenominal and friendly.

This has given me reason to purchase another Yamaha in the future!
I am impressed!

thank you

Service, reliability, and horsepower!!!!!

:yam:

Thats great. Its funny how if you go to the yamaha rhino forums all the guys say the YES warranty is worthless and they won't cover squat. I was called a fool for buying a YES for my rhino... Then on this site (at least for the most part) people seam to be happy with the YES and recommend it...

Worthless..............Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

My 98 XTC with less than 13days left on the 4 yr YES had the recoil blow apart, cracking the casting tof the block - ran fine just no recoil function.
YES replaced the whole lower end of motor No $ from me, sled now has 11800 miles on it.

My 06 Apex just broke header,8000 miles- and last year the dounuts, both under YES.

I will by a Yamaha again, and have YES.

My good friend has 2 Ski doo REV 500 ss's - 'Rotax bullet proof old 600 " one had total melt down with less than 1200 miles and no help from SKI DOO at all. I have loved Ski doo as well, "Yamadoo" but that definately makes me want to stay with Yamaha .

Yamadoo

My Y.E.S. did cover the broken headlight assy, W arm,Y pipe and donuts, but would not cover my yearly RA cable (very poor design) and it would not cover both my cracked rails, even after the dealer told me they WOULD be covered. I was also told that any part that was replaced was a one time replacement, meaning if I broke the W arm again, it would NOT be covered. Maybe if they designed better parts they would not have this problem. The 2005 mono shock had major rail cracking issues and the fix was a joke, I knew it would be a matter of time that mine would go. I have has 3 of my buddies have their rails crack too.

Back