• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warranty issues on 2022 ScoScoot

seabeeman

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Apex LTX GT 40th
I went to start our brand new 2022 Snoscoot ES (picked up in early December from Hauck Powersports in Rice Lake, WI and only has 6 hours) last weekend and it would not start. Lots of cranking and it wouldn't so much as cough, regardless of the choke. I eventually got it going and took it into my closest dealer, Wild River Marine in Trego, WI.

I called them today and they told me there are all sorts of issues with the fuel system: split fuel pickup line in the tank, crumbling/corroded fuel lines, and gunk in the carb from those lines. He asked me what kind of fuel I had been running, which is the same ethanol free premium I always run in every sled, boat, and small engine I own.

He said it looks like ethanol corrosion, which he agreed sounded ridiculous. Even if it was, you can't get that kind of corrosion in 2 months. He said he's going to contact Yamaha, but I'll probably be on the hook for $400+ due to the fact that issues caused by fuel aren't covered. Wild River told me to call the selling dealership as it would come down to how they delivered it. I did, and they basically told me they have nothing to do with it.

I'm not flying off the handle yet, hoping that everybody between Wild River and Yamaha agrees that this couldn't possibly happen to a 2 month old sled. Anybody ever experienced anything like, either on these sleds or with warranty service?

I just took my 2022 out for the first time today (it was a left over) and runs awful, it’s brand new. Anything past 1/4 throttle bogs down and won’t move.

Back