• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another Yamaha Blog Entry! Special guest Chris Reid!!

Blog Entry: "We’re back with Jaret and we’ve got special guest in this week’s video! It’s time for Sled Talk as Jaret introduces a new relay for extreme cold applications: 8MS-H2185-00 (5-Pin) 30Amp and 8MS-H2189-00 (4-Pin) 20Amp." Jaret Smith

Jaret, I did replace all of my relays on my 2018 ST X DX. On Feb 15 it was 28 degrees below zero in St. George, QC. After cycling my fuel pump several times, then starting the sled, I let it warm up to 146 degrees, loaded my baggage and drove around to the front of the hotel to gather the other 5 guys. I shut off the sled to turn in the room key, and when I went to restart, everything was dead,no lights, gauges or fuel pump. Took out all the 4 pin relays and warmed them in the room with a hair dryer. Then it started and all was good for the 8 day trip. Still bothered that these reacted like the original relays.

YEAH!!! Good to see CR, an old friend of the forum!!

This may be the year that the two of you come to Haydays to mix it up with the rest of us! Make your travel plans now as we get past this social distancing crap by September!

Back