• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anti-bottoming kit?

kizerboy

Extreme
Hi Guys, Does anyone know where the anti-bottoming kit goes into the rear skid of the nytro? It's a yamaha kit part # SMA-BUMPS-TO-PS. It does not come with installation instructions and it wasn't the kit I thought it would be. Any info would be a big help. Thanks.

wouldn't it install on the rail a few inches behind the lower or front part of the torsion spring retainer ?

i seem to recall a few guys trying it and finding it wasn't a good result with this skid. The rear would buck and kick when it hit the bumps.......worse than now even !!! LOL

If its a rubber bump stop for the torsion spring I would not install them. My Vector came with them and it kicked and bucked terrible until I removed them.

tried them on my 06 Nytro. They did prevent bottoming out but they caused the back end to kick up over my head on the real big bumps! They also caused my limiter straps to snap because of the rebound. After spending the money on the stops and 2 limiter straps, I decided to get the rear shocks revalved which completely solved the problem.

The stops do work as advertised but they're not really meant for the rough trail rider.

Brad

Back