• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any advice 2011 Apex XTX

red dog

Extreme
I just bought a used Apex XTX with 4k miles on it. Been riding a 2007 standard Apex. Was wondering if there is anything I should look out for as compared to my 07?

I weigh about 280 lbs. and will be only trail riding, any advice on suspension settings ? I will be riding 2 up with a seat jack installed about 25% of the time. Wife weighs 130lbs. I would like to set the suspension up and leave it. I'm a fair weather rider. If the trails aren't nice I'm not riding. Not at all familiar with this skid any input would be great. Thanks

Try it with the torsion springs on medium 1st. If it bottoms too much, try it on hard, solo riding.

There are 2 spring rates available for this sled. It seems the Canadian ones came with the higher rate springs as I had to order the soft ones as mine rides really stiff and I weigh in at 250 + gear.

As it is a used sled it should be set close unless the rider was smaller than you already.

I made similar switch to '12 xtx this year. Run about same on weight. Have springs on medium setting, shock set 6 clicks out, stock setting on front strap, somewhat neutral setting for transfer. Works well for me. Sled rocks, enjoy!

I've heard the 2011 XTX is very hard on sliders, wearing them out prematurely. Upgrading the size of the idler wheels should help alleviate this problem.

I got 2600 km out of the stock sliders on mine, witch was not too bad in my accounts. burnt a set off my 05 war in 500km in fresh powder till I got it set right. I have the oversize wheels on mine but I went with realcools and will see how long I get with this set-up.

2011 apex se

something you might want to check is exhaust donuts .changed mine today I barley could hear the leak at start up sled hatd 3800 miles .after warm up noise will stop. wanted to check exup today anyway a lot simpler than the last six apex I had after seat and tank is off 20 min and your done.

be careful a couple weeks ago i had to double ride a buddy that blew up his 800r and after bottoming out a quit a few times the pull rods broke which reeked havoc on other things so make sure u set it up for the extra weight

red dog said:
Thanks guys. Is there a place I can go and order all the idlers as a kit ?

Right here: http://www.ulmerracing.com/

Click on the "Accessories" link on the left side of the page and scroll down the page until you see the "X-Wheels".

They sell the oversize complete "X-Wheel" kit for your XTX. I've got them in my XTX skid along with the Dupont hyfax and that combo is perfect for minimal wear.

VX1R said:
red dog said:
Thanks guys. Is there a place I can go and order all the idlers as a kit ?

Right here: http://www.ulmerracing.com/

Click on the "Accessories" link on the left side of the page and scroll down the page until you see the "X-Wheels".

They sell the oversize complete "X-Wheel" kit for your XTX. I've got them in my XTX skid along with the Dupont hyfax and that combo is perfect for minimal wear.

X2

Back