• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any advice on buying 07 mtx

flat sk

Veteran
looking at a 07 mtx. It has 6500 km.has the shitty factory 2" in less than average shape a bastardized oem muffler(backfires on deceleration)also sled at times idles low after letting off of throttle but can be corrected by tapping throttle or so i am told.
what I'm wondering:
1) is the backfiring solely due to the low back pressure?
2)What track options are there and at what cost
3)Is the idle issue an idle screw adjustment problem,exhaust related or something else.
4) I've also read about a weak rear suspension on the 07
Advice about this sleds goods and bads are welcomed.
I have a 08 nytro mtx and have become aware of (and adapted to or modded) many of its deficits.
The phazer didn't show up on my radar until recently and would appreciate your advice.
im looking for an additional sled for the kids and wife to use occasionally and was thinking this might work.
thx

1) Possible. Cheap or blown muffler can cause this on decel.
2) Not entirely familiar with the MTX but there should be lots. If you can't find what you want in 14", can always buy a 15" and cut it to 14".
3) Anything is possible. Maybe the throttle is sticking a bit or the TPS needs adjustment. Doesn't sound like anything serious to me.
4) Yes, the cross shafts the first year were weak and bent, breaking the front H arm. Both were updated; the shafts made with harder steel and the arm reinforced. Check for the wheels bent in, which indicates a bent shaft and cracks in the H arm, top and bottom. Also, check that all updates and recalls were done. One that's nice but not essential is the cold weather start update which makes it easier to start. Unfortunately, that one is expired now if it wasn't done.

Since you have a Nytro, a lot of its deficiencies are similar, such as the fast slider wear, Yamaslop steering and plastic bushings (all replaceable with better stuff from here) and bad exhaust donuts (replace with copper donuts).

Thanks for the info moose. I'll keep an eye on the suspension and agree that the muffler or the exhaust donuts are likely the cause for the backfire.

As long as you don't pay more than 3100 bucks then I would say go for it. Phazer is a fun sled, no whether it be for you or the family, everyone will enjoy it!

Back