• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any body tried a cold air kit from Fix Power Sports

Redcandy05 said:
Four Stroker said:
describe the noise, how does it make it louder?

As in DB increase........................... Not sure how else to describe an increase in volume...........

zeeeeeeeeeeeech, some folks kids.

No #*$&@ sherlock, loud = DB Is it exhaust noise, intake rushing air noise, mechanical sound, I was asking you this because I'm interested in the kit. My turbo Audi with an air filter kit sounds great and is a nice mod with seat of the pants gains, I'm hoping to find a kit for the Apex that gets the same results. By the way your the first person that has said this kit is to loud, so take a moment and let others know so we can make an educated choice before purchasing the product, no need to be a wise guy about it! The whole idea of this Forum is to share info.

Four Stroker said:
Redcandy05 said:
Four Stroker said:
describe the noise, how does it make it louder?

As in DB increase........................... Not sure how else to describe an increase in volume...........

zeeeeeeeeeeeech, some folks kids.

No poop sherlock, loud = DB Is it exhaust noise, intake rushing air noise, mechanical sound, I was asking you this because I'm interested in the kit. My turbo Audi with an air filter kit sounds great and is a nice mod with seat of the pants gains, I'm hoping to find a kit for the Apex that gets the same results. By the way your the first person that has said this kit is to loud, so take a moment and let others know so we can make an educated choice before purchasing the product, no need to be a wise guy about it! The whole idea of this Forum is to share info.

Sherlock here,

I did answer your question, see my first responce. But to digress, it is LOUDER. If you can not or do not understand the meaning of the word please do a web search or seek websters help. It is intake box nosie, which is loud, almost like an exhaust on the front end of the engine. And FYI was not being a "wise guy". You asked I told you my view, if you don't care for the info then please feel free to ignore it. And thanks soooooooo much for explaing how the site works, maye a quick review on driving on the right hand side of the road is next? I have found that guys that take a cheap crak at someone and then has balls to ask for info additional info usually have thier mind made up already.

Sherlock out........

If you guys are famliar with the ECP kit with K&N's it's very similar but louder (probably because the RX-1 hood dampened the sound). For those that aren't, it's a deep growl that grows with more throttle ;)!
When you first start the sled it's a higher somewhat annoying pitch. But once the high idle drops it's not bad. I personally like the sound while excellerating, very mean sounding if you ask me ;)! I can't say for sure, but it seemed to make the exaust note a little more raspy. That too sounds good ;)! I only got a chance to ride around the house a couple times, so once mother nature permits I'll give a good report. Nice thing about this kit is you can swap back and forth with the stock air box lid/cover.

Charged RTX said:
Any more info on this? If this thing will pull 5 more grams that's great!!

But does it pull any more grams of weight if u dont put the pipe on? I know u have to add weight to get the Rs down with the pipe.

The addition were for NO PIPE addition. I was using the stock exhaust. It does allow more air throuh the engine, IMHO. I saw a solid 5 mph increase in top end. Now that i AM BACK TO STOCK, LOVE THE QUIETNESS, BUT REALLY MISS THE EXTA UMP.

Back