• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

any good insight on if yamaha was working on any thing ?

sweetrides

Extreme
so kind of curious what type of yamaha protypes where in the works before they decicded to pull the plug.
wonder if will ever get a sneak peak to what could have been.
I think back to the john deer proto type pogo stick before it was locked away and how for years it was just rumour untill they finally brought it out.

Attachments

• wldfire3 (1).jpg
    wldfire3 (1).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 69

There were quite a few patent filings for electric powered sleds, but nothing came to light as far as a prototype. I doubt much will surface since it has been so long since they had their own chassis innovation. Their R&D was primarily on the powerplants.

I also doubt much will surface because it feels like they've been planning their exit for 10 years. I'm over it now. It may turn out they're the smartest rat on the ship. First good frost today, a month late!

There was no new in-house chassis development after the 2008 Nytro. The existing Japanese stuff saw a few improvements, but work stopped on future development. The Arctic Cat joint venture was at first just supposed to an alternative offering to their in-house models, but later it was all they had to offer. I think the joint venture would have looked a lot different if Cat would have remained an independent company, but it was just not meant to be.

Back