• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any new mirrors out this season from Yami or whomever?

Nice Rumble said:
If no CA riders are willing to step up then can someone give me a dealer that has a website who I can contact to buy the mirrors?

I'm almost certain these mirrors are the same as the Phazer mirrors and the mounts can be ordered through almost any aftermarket shop.

I actually bought my mirrors in the US and the mounts are definitely the same as I've seen at aftermarket bike accessory sales shops in the US.

If you truly can't figure something out in the US I could probably help you out, but I'm 99% sure you can pick everything up in the US and at much better prices.

ReX said:
Nice Rumble said:
If no CA riders are willing to step up then can someone give me a dealer that has a website who I can contact to buy the mirrors?

I'm almost certain these mirrors are the same as the Phazer mirrors and the mounts can be ordered through almost any aftermarket shop.

I actually bought my mirrors in the US and the mounts are definitely the same as I've seen at aftermarket bike accessory sales shops in the US.

If you truly can't figure something out in the US I could probably help you out, but I'm 99% sure you can pick everything up in the US and at much better prices.

Why didn't you use the Yami Mounts? I think I want to go the way of these mirrors. I think the hand guards will hit the windshield and the ones Yami offers for the Attak haven't gotten any good reviews.

One of the Yamaha Phazer mirrors is left hand threaded. I do not think the aftermarket mounts are. That's why it is better to get the Yamaha mounts.

Attachments

• DSCN0703.jpg
    DSCN0703.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 69
CaptCaper said:
Why didn't you use the Yami Mounts? I think I want to go the way of these mirrors. I think the hand guards will hit the windshield and the ones Yami offers for the Attak haven't gotten any good reviews.

They weren't available when I tried to get them.

favarcat said:
One of the Yamaha Phazer mirrors is left hand threaded. I do not think the aftermarket mounts are. That's why it is better to get the Yamaha mounts.

You need to make sure you order the aftermarket Yamaha mounts with one left hand and one standard thread. The standard thread one is actually a universal mount.

Are the mounts Yamaha Canada is selling actually made by Yamaha? I suspect they might be the same aftermarket ones you can buy from aftermarket shops.

RTXgary said:
Nice Rumble the mirrors are available in the US. The nice thing is ANY 10mm mirror will work. However, the mounts are only available in Canada. I checked on shipped. Ten $ for the 2 mounts and 25 $ shipping...a little steep. I only live 30 minutes from the border...I'm making a road trip...need to pick up some refreshments anyway;)). If you don't have any luck, I could pickup an extra set.

Gary-I never heard back from Motor City Power Sport so if your offer still stands I'll take you up on your offer. This will only work if you can get the mirrors as well?

Nice Rumble said:
RTXgary said:
Nice Rumble the mirrors are available in the US. The nice thing is ANY 10mm mirror will work. However, the mounts are only available in Canada. I checked on shipped. Ten $ for the 2 mounts and 25 $ shipping...a little steep. I only live 30 minutes from the border...I'm making a road trip...need to pick up some refreshments anyway;)). If you don't have any luck, I could pickup an extra set.

Gary-I never heard back from Motor City Power Sport so if your offer still stands I'll take you up on your offer. This will only work if you can get the mirrors as well?

Just order the Yamaha Phazer mirrors from your dealer. Then get the mounts from Canada.

favarcat said:
Nice Rumble said:
RTXgary said:

Just order the Yamaha Phazer mirrors from your dealer. Then get the mounts from Canada.

Can you get just the mirrors? All I see is the set:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... etail.aspx

Nice Rumble said:
favarcat said:
Nice Rumble said:
RTXgary said:

Can you get just the mirrors? All I see is the set:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... etail.aspx

I believe you can. you have to call the parts deptment and give them the numbers iin the previous post. One left and one right side.

I can't stand the look of big mirrors on the side of my machine so I put some adjustable spot mirrors on the sides of my instrument pod. Can't see a lot of definition, but I can make out headlights which is good enough for me.

Attachments

• mirrors.jpg
    mirrors.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 95
Nice Rumble the mirrors in the Yamaha link CAN be purchased at the local dealer. I even entered the # into the "Motor City Power Sports" link that you e-mailed.
The dealer I called in Canada told me the left mount was on back order and was not expected to come in until the 19th. I will be making that road trip very shortly after that...20 or 21. If you are still interested in a set, I can ship the week of Christmas

RTXgary said:
Nice Rumble the mirrors in the Yamaha link CAN be purchased at the local dealer. I even entered the # into the "Motor City Power Sports" link that you e-mailed.
The dealer I called in Canada told me the left mount was on back order and was not expected to come in until the 19th. I will be making that road trip very shortly after that...20 or 21. If you are still interested in a set, I can ship the week of Christmas

Gary, I checked my bars (Apex GT) to make sure there was enough room for the clamps and there is not enough room with all the switch gear and throttle on there. So I'm going to pass on the mirrors. Thanks anyway.

Back