• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ANY ONE HAVE Noise on 05 rage skid ?????

STORM-CHASER

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I just purchased this rage for my wife, I took it out for a ride today and I noticed a clunking sound in the skid, its in the back part. it only does it if you are going slow and hitting little bumps. I looked it over pretty good and .I cant find anthing wrong. I expected to find something broke. It dont seem to do it when you go fast, or maybe I just cant here it. Has anyone had this? and if so is it normal.? :exc:

Yes, I have the same clunking noise at very slow speeds over bumps, and as soon as you get it goin a little faster, the noise is gone. I checked everything out real close afer my 1st major ride, also called the dealership, and i still have no clue what it is..i ignore it now, and figure its the nature of the beast.How about that track howl right at 30-35 mph, i guess the polaris/ kimpex wheels are the answer, based on the vast discussion on this site about that topic.

bluerage said:
Yes, I have the same clunking noise at very slow speeds over bumps, and as soon as you get it goin a little faster, the noise is gone. I checked everything out real close afer my 1st major ride, also called the dealership, and i still have no clue what it is..i ignore it now, and figure its the nature of the beast.How about that track howl right at 30-35 mph, i guess the polaris/ kimpex wheels are the answer, based on the vast discussion on this site about that topic.

Thanks for your imput, I hadden noticed any track howl, but are trails have allot of powder right now.this skid is new to me, I think they call it the pro-action I just figured out how to set up the pro-active in the vector.I will have to work on it for the wife as she is only 120 lbs.

STORM-CHASER said:
what do they call that skid? pro-action????

i believe it's a proaction ck

the noise is normal, there is no fix for it except to give'r :jump: , i must add that no matter once what size the bumps seem to be if u give'r everything gets smooth n quite eventually
it's just the way the skid's designed

Back