• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any one order a 2022 RS Venture

Once people realize that this sled is a luxo barge and not for performance or ditch banging, it's a great sled. Yamaha has some new stuff coming like hybrid tech and electronics, like a GPS, and this sled would be a great candidate for those.

I love my GT and could just imagine how much better it would be with EPS and YCCT. I just hope they'll still be around when I can buy one, hopefully with the new tech.

I love my 2020 Venture TF. Put on a set of Fox Float 3 air shocks to help with cornering and the drone has been a none issue in all honesty for me. I wrote a review on the sled in the fall edition of Snowtech. The price point was also a big factor in my decision.

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/a-hidden-gem-in-the-touring-segment/

Great review!
Her is a pic of our touring setups.
The 2016 Vector xtx has SLP Mowhawk skis, stage 4 Elka shocks all the way around and extra tall windshield , mirrors.
With the 146" ripsaw 1.25" track this sled rides really nice and goes wherever you steer it.
It has seen most of it's 5000 plus miles in the touring mode.

48046.jpeg

Good to see some venture love! I have until April 17th to decide ;) It would be a good replacement of my sidewinder, as I have shifted my performance sled needs to my custom apex build now. for my stable I could have the 600 ski doo sdi for the kids, venture for the wife, and 400hp rocketship for me that will have to idle at 30mph lol

How does the articulated rear rail work?

When you're in reverse the articulated section is spring loaded and tips the rear of the skid up so it doesn't trench. The springs can be adjusted for different tensions, but I haven't played with that.

they are a good sled. i just find the seat to be uncomfortable for me as it hurts my hips when my brother had his 13 venture gt. one little thing i did discover is that my 11 xtx bar riser was about 1.5" taller than the venture one. made it more comfortable to ride for everyone and still looked stock.

Hi Snorunner,

Yes, the YCCT is exceptional for sure. The seat height of the Venture is higher than the Apex and Vector and easier on my knees. It's a really comfortable setup. Regarding the air shocks, I would say it made a significant difference with bump compliance and especially lessening ski lift. It took some adjusting to get them where I wanted, but definitely thought it was a worthwhile upgrade.

Thanks for the reply. I used to be a Ford Master Transmission technician. And a certified Powerstroke technician. Not bragging. But the Powerstroke was the first drive by wire engine I experienced. The first Variable power steering. I experienced was on the 1989 Thunderbird. I am really dating myself here. But I just want to say the YCCT. Is impressive. My Wife has MS. She could not stand 2 Strokes any more. So I took her to a Yamaha Dealer. We test rode a used Apex XTX 2012. Great sled but she stated that she felt like the sled was pulling her arms to hard. So I went online and found the info on the new Vectors at the time. About the YCCT. So I pulled the plug. Not sorry I did except for the rear shock. She did not know any better and never complained to me about it. As soon as I bought the second one. I knew there was a problem with the rear suspension. Even the owners manual disagreed with the sag. I was seeing when sitting on the sled. I even brought this to a Yamaha dealership technicians attention. And he said that’s not right. But the Service Manager sent an e-mail to Yamaha. And they said no go. Glad to see Yamaha Japan is still building. Hope they keep it up.

Sounds like a cool sled and I like that a lot of my apex parts share this platform. Just for kicks I checked out doo and the new turbo R (mach z engine) at 180, with a air shock in rear, 8" LCD screen looks to be the same price. I think I like the venture better. I also have a set of NIB YRSS from a 18 apex anniversary which I am dying to try out. I was going to use them on my apex but thinking of a whole new direction on that. Wife wasn't real thrilled as she is not into sledding but I may just ask for forgiveness LOL

I would like her first trip to be on a 'Bently' :)

be careful as the venture is more top heavy than the apex/vectors. it can be a handful when pushing it hard.

be careful as the venture is more top heavy than the apex/vectors. it can be a handful when pushing it hard.
I’ve read a lot about the tippiness of it. My wife absolutely loves her Vector. She definitely does not push it hard. Is the top heavy feel of the Venture going to make her uneasy? She will probably be toting my son, who is 7 now but will obviously get bigger, with her for the next few years probably until he’s 12.

I’ve read a lot about the tippiness of it. My wife absolutely loves her Vector. She definitely does not push it hard. Is the top heavy feel of the Venture going to make her uneasy? She will probably be toting my son, who is 7 now but will obviously get bigger, with her for the next few years probably until he’s 12.
If your wife is strong and can lean that sled then maybe...putting a young child on that sled on other than straight big trails is not advisable. I rolled that sled and it was so heavy to get upright and my wife was pinned under it, just by the ankle and it freaked her out...she wouldn't get back on it, too tippy, she told me to get another sled and I got a 2up sidewinder which she likes allot more because its stable.
you have to consider the trails you're riding with the venture, its not for twisty trails and was not meant to be in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, its a great sled for the right application. Joe

If your wife is strong and can lean that sled then maybe...putting a young child on that sled on other than straight big trails is not advisable. I rolled that sled and it was so heavy to get upright and my wife was pinned under it, just by the ankle and it freaked her out...she wouldn't get back on it, too tippy, she told me to get another sled and I got a 2up sidewinder which she likes allot more because its stable.
you have to consider the trails you're riding with the venture, its not for twisty trails and was not meant to be in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, its a great sled for the right application. Joe

Thank you for your feedback. All opinions matter!

Sounds like a cool sled and I like that a lot of my apex parts share this platform. Just for kicks I checked out doo and the new turbo R (mach z engine) at 180, with a air shock in rear, 8" LCD screen looks to be the same price. I think I like the venture better. I also have a set of NIB YRSS from a 18 apex anniversary which I am dying to try out. I was going to use them on my apex but thinking of a whole new direction on that. Wife wasn't real thrilled as she is not into sledding but I may just ask for forgiveness LOL

I would like her first trip to be on a 'Bently' :)

Would be sweet to put the YRSS on the Venture. Definitely would be one of a kind!

Thanks for the reply. I used to be a Ford Master Transmission technician. And a certified Powerstroke technician. Not bragging. But the Powerstroke was the first drive by wire engine I experienced. The first Variable power steering. I experienced was on the 1989 Thunderbird. I am really dating myself here. But I just want to say the YCCT. Is impressive. My Wife has MS. She could not stand 2 Strokes any more. So I took her to a Yamaha Dealer. We test rode a used Apex XTX 2012. Great sled but she stated that she felt like the sled was pulling her arms to hard. So I went online and found the info on the new Vectors at the time. About the YCCT. So I pulled the plug. Not sorry I did except for the rear shock. She did not know any better and never complained to me about it. As soon as I bought the second one. I knew there was a problem with the rear suspension. Even the owners manual disagreed with the sag. I was seeing when sitting on the sled. I even brought this to a Yamaha dealership technicians attention. And he said that’s not right. But the Service Manager sent an e-mail to Yamaha. And they said no go. Glad to see Yamaha Japan is still building. Hope they keep it up.

Thanks for sharing some interesting insight. The YCCT truly is exceptional. Too bad more riders don't know of it's benefits.

Thanks for the feedback. She’s short (5’1”) but very strong (lifelong gymnast). She’s from northern MN and has been on sleds since she was 3. She got me into them! I’ll pass along the feedback and appreciate it. I think she will be fine but better to be prepared for it.

Back