• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

any one tried nylon backers whit their studs

I ran 192 Fast-trac's on my ski-doo,I put 5200 miles on them and I ride very aggressive and never had an issue with them,Since then Thats all I ever use.

i have them but you want to put a washer on the stud so you can tighten down the nut otherwise it will start to dig in the backer other than that i have no problems with them

black700 said:
i have them but you want to put a washer on the stud so you can tighten down the nut otherwise it will start to dig in the backer other than that i have no problems with them
Putting a washer is kind of against the weight saving idea no?

yves F 7 said:
black700 said:
Putting a washer is kind of against the weight saving idea no?

I was thinking the same on the washer. Wondering too, that if the nut is starting to deform the backer, if you haven't exceeded the recommended torque spec. for the backer?

I purchased plastic backers 2 seasons ago for weight purposes. I had read a post by mike knaap stating you get "flex" from plastic and will lose to a aluminum backered stud every time...I thought to myself...BS...well I should have known he knew what he was talking about because even with 1.450, I couldn't hook up for beans. Last season I went to 1,450 megabite, tall nuts and aluminum backers and walla! Same weight transfer settings and I was standing her up! Here are a few pics of my backers after a half of season...

Attachments

• Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Image019.jpg
    Image019.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Image020.jpg
    Image020.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 69

Back