• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

any one tried these chips??

The Yamaha they have pictured isn't even a efi sled. Amazing. Maxdlx

Please not this again!!!!!!

Every month or so somebody asks about these devices that manipulate the air temperature sensor signal to trick the ECU into richening the fuel/air ratio.

It is basically just a cheap resistor that is wired into the air temperature sensor circuit. It will richen the fuel ratio across the entire curve because it has no way of knowing the RPM.

Save your money for a fuel accelerator if you really want to change your fuel mapping.

Just think, if you bought four of these and wired them together you would have 100 extra HP and 140 extra FTLBS's!

I can not figure out why guys waste money on things like nitrous, superchargers, & turbos when power can be bought this cheap! LOL

ok ok i don't think that any one would really believe that it gives really 25 hp,more like 3 or 4,i only wanted info,not to be laugh at

yves,

We are laughing at the product claims not you. If you look at my first post I explained exactly what these "chips" are and why they do not work.

ebay seller said:
The manufacturer claims up to +25 and we are obligated by contract to advertise as such.. but its been our experience that typical gains are around 3-7 HP , although you might see +25 on the right machine, we have yet to see anything close.... Thanks

this was there reply to my email regarding a stock apex hp gain.

How about creating an OPEN or SHORT CIRCUIT in the Coolant Temp Sensor wiring???? When the ECU sees this condition then uses a default value of 140 degrees F instead of the actual 195. That will richen the mixture and give you hp..........................However I will save you the time...........it isn't enough to make a noticeable difference.

I had mine on a toggle switch to short circuit the sensor and when my buddy and I were topped out and side by side (both 06 Apex's) I flipped the switch.....................nothing happened.....so much for my grand idea.

Maybe a resistor on a toggle switch to make it think it's actually -40........

Hinkman said:
How about creating an OPEN or SHORT CIRCUIT in the Coolant Temp Sensor wiring???? When the ECU sees this condition then uses a default value of 140 degrees F instead of the actual 195. That will richen the mixture and give you hp..........................However I will save you the time...........it isn't enough to make a noticeable difference.

I had mine on a toggle switch to short circuit the sensor and when my buddy and I were topped out and side by side (both 06 Apex's) I flipped the switch.....................nothing happened.....so much for my grand idea.

Maybe a resistor on a toggle switch to make it think it's actually -40........

Why would you assume that adding fuel will increase HP. If the engine was running lean adding fuel may help but adding fuel to a properly mapped engine is not going to improve performance and if too much fuel is added it will hurt performance. Besides, you need to know the amount of fuel to add or subtract, where in the RPM range and throttle position to make your changes.

Back