• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

any over heating nytro

sledhead2

just picked up 06 nytro ;)! and notice heat exchange running down running boards like my previous 02 viper.there was a over heating problem which was corrected by added a rear exchange. is this going to be the same deal??

I would say it is the same deal. The problem is when you ride heavy snow going through towns and not traveling fast enough to throw snow on the coolers. I added the rear cooler on my 05 Vector and haven't had the light on since.

You'll be fine. All the 121" Yama 4-strokes I have ridden with none have had a problem.

But do check the antifreeze ratio. Others may disagree but after seeing my 05 Warrior & 06 Nytro and my bro-in-laws 05 Venom & 06 Nytro come new with a ratio way over the listed 60/40 I would check yours. A higher ratio does not help cooling.

I rode Saturday in the U.P. of MI. It was warm, 41* at 5:30pm in White Pine with VERY little snow. Light never came on.

:-o this site is awesome. thanks guys ;)! the weather in n.h. very warm i don't think we'll ride at x-mas but :o| due to the heads up i got a taller shield and ordered bars and this and that.going to try washers in bars till then. who would have known . pray for cold weather and snow :Rockon:

I beleive there is a bulletin for the overheating and a rear heat exchanger is available for around $45.

i only had the light come on one i was riding on very low snow conditions and the trail went down the road for a while i just weeved her in to a ditch to kick up some snow the light went off never seen it sence

this is all the time in snow marginal conditions at very low speed.

Back