• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any reason not to pick up an 07 venture lite

My Dealer told me the RS Venture just fit in a 10ft enclosed. Both the RS Venture and Venture Lite are both 124" long. I did measure the Venture Lite while at the dealer and it is exactly 124" so it should fit. Fitting on a 10 ft trailer was a concern of mine also.

Most enclosed trailers have an angled diamond plate in the front that pertrudes past the front base. This will allow the ski tips of any sled to hang over the front base of the trailer. So if you have 124" sled and your skis are 4"-6" past the front base it will fit, do the math. For some people a 12' trailer will work better. The Venture Lite is 124" including the cargo rack. From what I've priced there is about a $500 difference between a 10' and 12' enclosed trailer new. The 10' will work for me. Just my .02. :4STroke:

Watch the height of your enclosed trailers. The V Lite windshield is almost 55 inches tall and some of the enclosed trailers are 54 inches tall max. It will fit in a 10 footer as long as you do not have a J hook hitch on the back. If you do have a hitch you will then have to angle your machine inside before you close it. I know this from trying to fit my V Lite in a Triton 10 foot trailer with a Coverall.

:moon:

I'm looking forward to putting the 4-strokes into my full sized (16x8.5x7+4'V) drive in / drive out trailer. I've had the trailer for a few years for other reasons, but never wanted to put the sleds in there due to the 2-stroke exhaust filling the thing up and suffocating me...

Based on how tight the V-lite will likely be in the 2-place trailer, I might just empty out the big trailer sooner than expected to make way for the sleds...

Those drive/on drive /off are nice donmac. As far as the 07' Venture Lite, I preffered the black over the blue. Also the '07 has a little larger gas tank then the '08.

If you are buying a trailer, I would definitely go for the 12'. I have a 4 place, the front and back clam shells are vertical...ie no additional space for the skis. My fathers 2 place is the same way. I have not seen any in recent years that are sloped forward in the front. I am wondering if I can get a long track in my trailer with a standard behind it.

The 54" height would be inconvenient but it would work as the frame work is at 54 and there is an additional inch to the skin. I could probably trim off an inch on the windshield if I had to.

snoldforge said:
I preffered the black over the blue. Also the '07 has a little larger gas tank then the '08.

I got to change my panels and so mine is all black ;)!
I heard they shrunk the tanks on the Phazers, but didn't know about the Venture Lite as well.
WHAT ARE THEY THINKING????? :o|

This alone is a reason to NOT pick up an 08 Venture Lite or Phazer, in my opinion.

I don't understand either what they were thinking gyps, I'll take the larger tank and better price on dealer demo '07. My dealer threw in a 500 mile oil and filter change and the 1 year warranty starts in December when I pick it up. Seemed like a good deal to me.

srvfan said:
Will the Vlight fit in a10ft enclosed?????
No, at least not in mine.

I just picked up my Venture Lite with my 10' enclosed and my truck. I knew there was a chance it might end up in the back of the truck and it did. I tried to get it into the trailer... No way... Not even close...

I guess it is time to put my GL1800 back together and get it out of my big enclosed trailer...

FWIW, took the sled for an hour or so ride and loved it. Similar to the phazer gt, but a tad more stable. Can't toss it around quite like the gt of course. But I think they're going to both be great sleds.

vltrk.jpg

vltrl.jpg

Awesome! Too bad about the trailer... but Nice Sled!
I had forgotten how they look with the gray panels, I think I like it better now than I did earlier in the season, but I still prefer the all black.
Will you be riding 2-up a lot or will it be more of a utility sled?
I ask, because the back seat is very heavy, really. I have mine shrink wrapped in the house... but I bought it for a pick up truck...
I also removed the foot blocks, in deeper snow they got in my way a lot... and I don't really carry passengers anyway...
Congrats on your purchase!
If you run into problems, make sure you share it with us... :rocks:

Back