• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any snow in the U.P yet?

heading up to Lake Gogebic area Jan 10-13th. Ready to throw some miles on!

Let us know how it is if you get a chance.
Forecast for this weekend isn't the most promising, but we figured trails would hold up well. Group of 6 heading up for first "real ride" this year. I have 40 miles on my new sled so far. I'd like to have 500 by the end of this trip. Snow foretasted early next week as well. So far really enjoy the sled but there are some things that annoy me greatly, like the damn reverse button that you CAN'T use with gloves. :dunno::whine:

Hearing Munising area is getting nice amount. Can anyone confirm??

The entire Eastern end of U. P. got Hammered, up to 14" and it's still snowing today. Pretty much all the trail reports I've read are saying good to great!

Strongs:
netcam9.jpg

Curtis (Big Lake)
video.jpg
:

Heading up to Lake Gogebic tonight. Got a solid 3-4 days of riding ahead of me! :D Keep er sexy side up!:sled1::sled1:

Western UP has received about 12+ inches of snow over the past couple days and they've been grooming non-stop. This weekend is going to be the first truly good weekend of the season. It is certainly a slower season this year. I hit 530 today so far. I recommend getting out early for a nice long ride before the traffic can do any trail damage then dialing it back and watching the football games at the local bars. Fortunately the UP trails hold up well being many are not narrow and windy. If you follow the clubs on Facebook they have a lot of updates. Gogebic Area Grooming, UP Thunder Riders, Northcountry Snowmobile Club, Presque Isle SnoBunnies etc...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=781781935521159&id=325567991142558

2019 Moonshiners Poker Run (Gogebic Lodge): https://www.facebook.com/events/1852966101480068/

Last edited:
I just got back from 400 miles of fun, riding out of Fox River motel in Seney, where the accommodations were great. Wednesday morning the trails were fantastic with a fresh foot of snow, rode to Grand Marais to pine stump then across to singleton area....170 miles. Day 2 had fresh 6"+ of lake effect snow, we rode to Au Train area were 417 was the only choppy trail. The trail 8 system and seney area trails were great all day! Also rode Seney to Newberry, with moderate traffic throughout the day........also seen several groomers on the trails

On a side note my 2015 Viper Ltx put an #*$&@ kicking on my partners studded 2015 800 ski doo gsx from a dead stop and from a rolling start, it was epic! my speedometer hit 100 for the first time as well. My viper has 2500 miles on it, Sandale muffler and big venom clutching, no studs with its factory original flash.

Glad you had a nice time...You should hit Western UP...Lake of the Clouds overlook, Bond Falls, Agate Falls, Lake Gogebic...Hit 10k today :)

View attachment 144702 View attachment 144703
Rode all over from Thursday-Saturday. Rode to LOTC Thursday, quick 125 mile loop from Lake Gogebic. Friday did 225 miles. Between riding down into Wisconsin and back up to Rockland. Saturday did another 140 riding down into Wisconsin. Not a huge fan of the signing on the trials in the UP. Wisconsin does a MUCH better job. Maybe hit 15 miles of bumpy trails through 550 miles. It was a nice couple of days of riding for sure. We stayed on Lake Gogebic.

Sounds nice! I hit 10k on my '10 Vector this weekend :) Download the Polaris Ride Command app. It's has all the trails on it and is mostly accurate. I also submit trail changes to them and they're responsive in fixing it. Did you hit Presque Isle? I live there and love the PI to Mani to BJ and back loop during the week.

Last edited:

Back