• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any Updated Relays Yet????

6CE6F60A-C532-4D5A-B265-0DC2E4AE3B09.jpeg
9B01ACB5-EFC4-4FD9-A816-6282C6C17DE0.jpeg
E29B4EC6-9A8E-4EBA-8B57-6A7A0908D777.jpeg
833C7D7A-5CCE-4021-A817-BFBF87CDC58E.jpeg
I wouldn't be buying generic relays from Amazon or anyplace else. I would buy OEM relays with that Polaris part number. That means the Polaris dealer as far as I'm concerned. After all, thats the only place to get the OEM number. They have to be a Polaris dealer with that PN.
Here’s pic s knapp thanks for info it’s worth a try

Pan

Here’s pic s knapp thanks for info it’s worth a try

Pan

All the credit goes to Snoseeker and I suspect journeyman had a hand in it as well! Thank those guys, they must be off riding somewhere that they haven't commented yet. I'm just reporting what Snoseeker told me about the solid states from Polaris.

Lets hope it helps people from further frustration in cold weather startups.

All the credit goes to Snoseeker and I suspect journeyman had a hand in it as well! Thank those guys, they must be off riding somewhere that they haven't commented yet. I'm just reporting what Snoseeker told me about the solid states from Polaris.

Lets hope it helps people from further frustration in cold weather startups.
Well thanks to snoseeker and journeyman and you as well for sharing info

Thanks Pan

Just spoke with Snoseeker and he found out they are not solid state, but they are sealed to prevent moisture from entering and freezing up. So theoretically they should be better than the OEM one in the sidewinder now.

Lets hope they do the trick anyway. We gotta try something different anyway, cause the OEM one is not up to par.

Is this more of an issue with guys who keep sleds inside? Mine is in UNheated shop all winter, and I havent had the issue yet, My apex never did either.

Dan

Is this more of an issue with guys who keep sleds inside? Mine is in UNheated shop all winter, and I havent had the issue yet, My apex never did either.

Dan
Always in a heated garage. Never a problem in 13yrs with the Apex. Never had a problem with the Winder. Hope I didn’t just jinx myself!

Dan

Dan, It's more of an issue for leaving the sled sit out overnight and starting the next very cold morning when on a trip and sled sits outside. Like 20 below or colder.

When it happens that it doesn't start, the hoods got to come off and relays need to go in the pocket or inside to warm them up. Not good when its 25 or 30 below out.

Last edited:
Remember when below freezing outside humidity is usually low inside.
True.....but also when you move a hot item into cold air, it usually makes moisture. Like when you bring anything warm outside and see steam.

I just hope I don't have this happen, I never did before but now I may have jynxed myself..lol

Dan

Dan, It's more of an issue for leaving the sled sit out overnight and starting the next very cold morning when on a trip and sled sits outside. Like 20 below or colder.
I hear ya Mike....I worried abit this in Qc last March, it was coldest temps Id rode in pretty much. About 4 sleds at hotel did not start, I watched them all work on their doos, and buds POO.....went out, fired my winder right up, albeit had to hold the throttle just a tad as engine cranked VERY slowly. However the pump ran fine at key on. So she fired and I let her warm fully idling.

I do see temps inside my Un-attached shop up north of 20 below at times, been lucky I guess.

Dan

Back