• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody install graphics wrap

Country
USA
Snowmobile
13 xtx nytro stage 1 turbo
I have been thinking about doing the wrap but just wonder how hard it is to do with out wrinkles?

I can tell you in about a week, it doesn't seem to look that bad though. They have the install fluid that lets you work the bubbles and wrinkles with a applicator. Also it lets you work the sticker so it's perfectly positioned. I hope it's as easy as that sounds :jump:

I've done a couple it's a lot easier then you might think. You use a spray bottle and squeegie method. You clean and prep the surface then you spray it with a mild saop solution. Then you spray the vinyl graphics sticky side with the same solution. You then put the decal to the sled and because of the solution you can easily move the decal around until it's absolutely perfect. Then you use a squeegie to push out the water and air bubbles. I think it's actually kind of fun and there's no worry of "messing up" and leaving huge air bubbles or wrinkles.

its really nice to use soem type of heat gun as well. A simplel hair dryer will work. Thsi softens up teh vinyl a bit and makes it easier to stretch if needed.

In addition to above to above info, a second set of hands is a big help.

I just finished my daughter's Sno Pro 500, that makes 5 sled wraps in the past year that I have installed.

I actually prefer using heat and the dry install method but I have been doing graphics on sleds and trailers for 20 years...

Patience is your best friend!!!

My Nytro took me about 4 hours and the Sno Pro today took about 3 hours, don't rush it!!

I had someone do my wrap. For the $75 i got charged to have it put on, i would much rather have a more experienced person do it. I just dont think i would have the patience to do it. Good luck if you try it and post some pics!

Back