• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone bent an A-arm? (warranty won't cover it)

TRUTH

Expert
Hey All,
I noticed my upper left front arm was bent..By no fault of my own, this sled hasn't left the ground yet with 740 easy trail miles..The dealer says it is not defective and happened from an impact...Long story short, I called Yamaha, they backed the dealer and will do nothing. $260 for one upper arm installed....I pay all this money for a nice new 07' sled, the a arm bends and now they want me to pay $260....NOT FAIR. anyone interested in a set of stock arms, upper left front bent? :o| :o| Frank.

TRUTH said:
Hey All,
I noticed my upper left front arm was bent..By no fault of my own, this sled hasn't left the ground yet with 740 easy trail miles..The dealer says it is not defective and happened from an impact...Long story short, I called Yamaha, they backed the dealer and will do nothing. $260 for one upper arm installed....I pay all this money for a nice new 07' sled, the a arm bends and now they want me to pay $260....NOT FAIR. anyone interested in a set of stock arms, upper left front bent? :o| :o| Frank.

My friend had this happen on his Attak. Dealer covered it because there was no evidence of any impact. I bent a spindle last year....

I bent mine last year replacements can be had for alot cheaper... my dealer wouldn't budge on price so I shopped online and found it for $180 shipped for a new one.
and installation is a snap..don't pay someone to install one.

Check and see of the caster nut came loose on the A-arm bolts. There was a service bulletin on those nuts comming loose. The results was bent A-Arms. The dealers are suppose to re-locktite them and re-torque to specs. There was several post last year on this problem.

Hey guys,
The dealer wouldn't give me one under warranty, they said I damaged it and I DIDN'T. Not only did I not damage the arm, I just putted on the sled and didn't even jump the thing. I bought it used and therefore was not "important" to them. Not to mention, when I get there to pick up my sled, they put the new arm on and handed me a bill for $260!!! I refused to pay and they took off the new arm and put the bent one back on.
I plan on putting aftermarket on in the future. It really sucks to be treated like a liar... :o|

Yeah,
I guess.
I can snap a pic of the arm, it is the upper left, bent on the back side. You can see where it fatigued and flaked the powdercoat on the welds and there is no damage elsewhere on the machine..the salesman also told me that the Phazer can only handle a 1 inch lug and i was stupied for putting a a legre lug on it and that if I put aftermarket arms on the sled, they would rip off of the frame mounts.....Gotta love your dealer!!! :moon: ;)!

Don't worry the bolts will break before the frame mounts..
when I bent mine, the bolt sheared off..
We tried to bend the arm back we had it glowing red and couldn't get the thing to budge.. oh well..

Phazed-Coug said:
I bent mine last year replacements can be had for alot cheaper... my dealer wouldn't budge on price so I shopped online and found it for $180 shipped for a new one.
and installation is a snap..don't pay someone to install one.

How do you get at the bolt inside the frame on the upper a-arm?

i just got done doing mine today have fun, long story short remove the bottom plate and get a bunch of wobble extensions, you can barely see it but you can get to them, on the right side i held the nut with a magnet to start it,

Upper a-arms can easily be bent back with a 2x4.Everytime I bent mine I knew just what hole or front landing I hit that caused it.Pretty much if your wrists feel it hard stop and look usually something gets bent.I never bent a lower arm.

Those nuts are very hard to get at decently.It can be done through the tierod boot hole but better off taking front end off so you can be sure the bolts and nut are clean for Loctite or Nordlocks.You want to torque those to spec.If over torqued I could easily see them snapping on a impact.

Yes those are just like headbolts.They stretch when you tighten them.Stretch to far or to many times and they will snap.

Back