• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone else experiencing bogging?

viperxtxx

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper XTX
cant figure out why i my viper bogs only when in deeper snow?

its perfect on the trail.

My intake is clear

I dont get it.

The open area around where the exhaust leaves can deflect exhaust back under hood and engines do not like to run on exhaust fumes.

The Ulmer/Straightline muffler uses a pipe inside a pipe. The outer pipe seals to the belly pan ane helps prevent the inner pipe from being plugged. This combined with a good skid plate should help minimize if not eliminate the issue.

Exhaust outlet from below sled (1).jpg

Last edited:
More throttle to get the skis in the air always helps. ;)! The OEM skid plate has a diverter (small bump right before the pipe) on it and its not much but seams work well. I have not had issues with bogging down.

Just go out and start your car and then put your hand over the exhaust. the engine needs to breath and deep snow at the pipe will kill it every time.

My xtx le is the same.
With lots of deep pow last year I was pretty frustrated with this.
Was thinking it was the snow on the louvres blocking everything up and chocking the engine.
This could be a problem as well but I think the main problem is the exhaust outlet.
If you do a powder turn on the right side your guaranteed it will bog.
That's about the only thing I miss with the rear exit exhaust of the nytro.

Found a solution. Ordered one of these exhaust deflectors. http://catzass.net/products.html

This should solve my bogging issue

took this pic from there site

Attachments

• 20151207_174343 copy.jpg
    20151207_174343 copy.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 164
I like the idea of the deflector but just as you said I'd be afraid of beating it off.
We ride lots of old, stumpy cutovers and the don't call Newfoundland the "rock" for nothing.
There's usually lots of snow but the $1000 bill is always hid away just under the snow.

Back