• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone else experiencing bogging?

The deflector works good. No bogging anymore. Not sure why other sleds that dont have them and have no problems. Maybe the 2 strokes have more exh pressure so its not that big of a deal

I cut a piece of thin stainless to resemble a large washer, the I.D. just snug enough to go over exhaust tip, O.D. is the diameter of the outlet in belly pan, minus the rubber seal. Started the washer onto pipe, then applied generous amount of ultra black silicone between washer and muffler body, then installed while silicone is wet. It self sets into position when the muffler is in its final position. Fully tested in da U.P. this past weekend in some over da hood snow. NO bogging, SwampCat approved.

The deflector works good. No bogging anymore. Not sure why other sleds that dont have them and have no problems. Maybe the 2 strokes have more exh pressure so its not that big of a deal
Other sleds do it too, look up the "infamous powder bog" thread on the smoking side. Pages upon pages of discussion came down to a simple exhaust deflector

I cut a piece of thin stainless to resemble a large washer, the I.D. just snug enough to go over exhaust tip, O.D. is the diameter of the outlet in belly pan, minus the rubber seal. Started the washer onto pipe, then applied generous amount of ultra black silicone between washer and muffler body, then installed while silicone is wet. It self sets into position when the muffler is in its final position. Fully tested in da U.P. this past weekend in some over da hood snow. NO bogging, SwampCat approved.

Yep! The real issue as you found was the exhaust coming back up into the compartment. Like you did is the best, or the deflector will help too.

Other sleds do it too, look up the "infamous powder bog" thread on the smoking side. Pages upon pages of discussion came down to a simple exhaust deflector

Yep deflector will do it as it gets the exhaust out. Sealing the exhaust exit will also solve this issue as it is not the exhaust being stopped but rather the exhaust goes into the engine compartment and you suck exhaust into the air box.

All I know is I had the stock exhaust on last year and riding in powder it would bog like crazy.
This year with the max flow/Sandale exhaust it has never bogged even in the deepest powder. That testing for the last 3 days in very deep powder....never once bogged!!
Last year I would avoid turning to the right if possible in heavy powder as it would bog badly and sometime leave you in my a bad spot. This year with the maxflow it's perfect.
The best fix may be to ditch the stock restrictive can and go with some sort of aftermarket exhaust.

All I know is I had the stock exhaust on last year and riding in powder it would bog like crazy.
This year with the max flow/Sandale exhaust it has never bogged even in the deepest powder. That testing for the last 3 days in very deep powder....never once bogged!!
Last year I would avoid turning to the right if possible in heavy powder as it would bog badly and sometime leave you in my a bad spot. This year with the maxflow it's perfect.
The best fix may be to ditch the stock restrictive can and go with some sort of aftermarket exhaust.

Then the sandale must be like my EVO can and have a tight seal where the exhaust goes through the bottom. Makes sense.

Then the sandale must be like my EVO can and have a tight seal where the exhaust goes through the bottom. Makes sense.
X2 on Sandale. Never experience bogging and I carve on the right side often.

Back