• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cobra 1.35 vs 1.6

Fast Lane

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Nytro ER
Anyone installed a Cobra track on their RS sleds yet? What are your thoughts? Any clearance issues with the 1.6" version? I was thinking of the 1.6 for my Nytro. See if it helps offset its short track in deeper snow.

I've had some experience with both size lug Cobra tracks on various Yamaha's. The 1.35" holds it's own when going off trail and does a fairly decent job on hardpack. I prefer the extra traction of the 1.6" when going off trail, especially with the added weight of the 4-stroke.

You probably already know that the Cobra's use a softer durometer than most other Camso tracks so they will wear out faster and fold over lugs in really hard conditions if you're really hammering it. That being said if you use your head and don't beat your sled a 1.6" lug would be great all around choice.

I'm not 100% sure if you'd have any clearance issues installing the 1.6" on your Nytro, but at minimum you'd probably need to remove any tunnel protectors and any front heat exchanger protectors if you've got them on your sled.

I had a 1.35 cobra on my 1st Apex and it was a good track, especially in looser snow.

i am liking the 1.5" composit that i put on my 11 xtx. it was cheaper than anything camso sold and has been holding up well for the last 3 seasons. @kirkswim helped someone put one on an 05 rx1 that was stretched to 136" and he did not tell me of any issues.

Im so sick of the Ripsaw 1. Whenever I can find a new track, bye bye Ripsaw 1. Trench master 3000 is what I call it. Good for speed but horrible in any powder.

Back