• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone ever run the shorter Vector oil filter on an Apex?

I have used the NAPA one for years as well. So you have a couple. Thousand miles of direct observation. LOL

never done it myself. i keep both in stock as there is a phazer and rs venture in the family under the yamaha part #'s. good thing as her outboard uses the same one as the apex.

hard to tell on the price as i buy the oil kits and when i picked them up i had a set of shocks in fresh from rebuild that i paid for at the same time as the 3 synthetic kits and one semi synthetic that all cost me $789.00 with my discount here in sudbury.

OEM filter for Me after every season!

Anyone know who actually manufactures the OEM filter?

I think Napa filters are made by WIX.

Not to knock on the K&N's, but I've seen two leak where the nut is attatched on the end.
Their air filters flow awesome but I would never use one an a machine(like atv or sxs) that operates in high dust as they just don't trap it.

Anyone know who actually manufactures the OEM filter?

I think Napa filters are made by WIX.
That's a great question as we know Yamaha doesn't make them. They are probably in the supply chain elsewhere with other names on them.

I am considering just using the shorter Napa 7040 filter on my Apex and Vector. However, I am going to test the filter next year before going all out.

I buy all my farm and auto filters, for the entire year, from Napa every January. It's an extensive list and several dollars worth of filters, but I also save several dollars buying this way. I can tack on a 7040 filter to my yearly order and get it at a discounted price of $5.86 (US dollars). Like I said, I want to give it a test run. It's possible that saving 5 bucks on a filter might pose more consequences than benefits.

Here's some info copied from Napa's website on the 7040, and some other screenshot info in the pic below:

NAPA
Cellulose Media Traps And Holds 50% More Contaminants Than Traditional Economy Filters

• Has8 Lb. By-Pass Relief Valve
  • NAPA Gold Oil Filters Provide Excellent Engine Protection Using Conventional, Synthetic, or Synthetic-blended Motor Oils, As Recommended By The OE Vehicle Manufacturer
  • Use For Normal And Severe Driving Conditions Such As Stop And Go Traffic, Dirt Roads, Construction Sites, Short Trips And Interstate Travel
  • This Filter Traps Up To 50% More Dirt And Contaminants Than ProSelect w/ The Best Combination Of Capacity & Efficiency For Severe Conditions
  • When Applicable, NAPA Flexible Silicone Anti-drainback Valve Protects Against Dry Engine Starts Past The Traditional Filter Change Interval
  • Laboratory Test Performance per ISO 454812: 18 Grams Dirt (NAPA Gold # 1515), 99% Efficient At 23 Microns (Based On NAPA Gold # 1515, 1356, 7060)
  • Use Gold For Manufacturer OE Recommended Oil Change Intervals
Screenshot_20200319-101650_Chrome.jpg

I ought to test that filter on my Warrior! It's needing pistons and rings anyway!

lol ;)

Back