• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone have this belt squealing issue?

gnip134

Expert
I have a 2005 Rage, and when I install a new belt...it will squeal when ever I am sitting still, but go away when I start moving. It will slowly get better as the belt gets worn a little, and will go away all together when the belt has about 300 or so miles on it. Do I have an alignment issue, or should I just let it go?

belt

I had the same issue in my rs venture, brought it to the dealer and they said it was fine, i called another dealer just to double check adn they said that is normal. Maybe someone else can add more insight but that is the answers i recieved.

Normal. If you want it to go away. Remove the 3 washers on the backside of the secondary, one under each bolt. Once the belt is broken in, reinstall washers and away you go.

I think Yami makes a washer that is thinner than the stock washers that come with sled for adjusting belt deflection. I took mine to the hardware store a got some that were thinner,got rid of squeal and belt was not too loose as with no washers .When you switch washers,do one at a time and set belt down into secondary a little to take pressure off bolts.Or take off side pannel and remove secondary.

do what oak said. take the 3 washers out of the secondary clutch. wear the belt in and then reinstall the washers. it is squealing on the primary clutch.

Back