• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone Have This Happen??

welterracer

TY 4 Stroke God
When looking my sled over tonight. I found the small radiator laying against the reverse lever (basically hanging by the hoses)

all 3 mounting tabs broke off..

Dealer is going to look into warranty on it, otherwise i will get them welded back on..

Yes actually a week ago the had to order a new one. Old one got smashed when i went for reverse and the replacement one is way stronger! the three brackets are thicker and wider. I think maybe the hot and cold cycles of the radiator are a cause of this.

welterracer said:
When looking my sled over tonight. I found the small radiator laying against the reverse lever (basically hanging by the hoses)

all 3 mounting tabs broke off..

Dealer is going to look into warranty on it, otherwise i will get them welded back on..

wow, i'll be check my today, thanks for the heads up

Does anybody know if this is just an '06 problem? Does anybody know if my '07 Apex GT has the better (thicker & wider) mounting tabs that cmallow mentioned in his post above?

Yep! Broke it the first year. Dealer did the welding, lasted 200-300 miles. So I use BIG TieRaps to hold it away from the reverse assembly. Been ridding like that the last 7k miles.

Yamaha: One more thing to add to the list!

That happened to mine after about 3000 miles and it slid back into the brake assy and punched a hole in it. Had to replace it.

I'll do you one better though... My oil tank split down in the lower right hand corner and started leaking. Right near where the tab is. By the time I found the leak it was really bad. I'm going to JB Weld it and hope it holds. That tank is over $200.

You guys are sure making me happy that I bought 4 years of YES!

Blue Dave said:
You guys are sure making me happy that I bought 4 years of YES!

Its a wise investment..

P.S. my oil tank had cracked too.. bought a used one off from a guy on TY.. for $75

Believe it or not, it was my wife that talked me into buying the 4 years of YES.

It was also her idea to finally trade in my '02 Viper with 6K miles for a new 4 stroke!

I knew that I married her for some good reason!

Here you go. Catch it before it slams itself through the reverse likage.

Attachments

• apex 006.jpg
    apex 006.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 100

Back