• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone Having Problems Losing Bolts in Front A-Arm?

BALDY

just wondering if anyone had any troubles with the bolts in the front a arm breaking or falling out . my nitro xtx had a bolt shear off in the center ball joint causing some damage to my sled just wondering if this has happened to anyone else

Did you ever take the arms off for any reason, before the nuts fell off? The nuts do not retighten the best (IMO). Should always use new locking nuts everytime working on the suspension.

I had the bolts on my front A arm back out and when I check the other side they were almost out also. Talked to dealer and it came back as a owner maintenance check so from now on I checked the front ends before each ride.

Why don't you drill the bolts and either pin them or add safety wire? I did that on a couple that seem to always work loose on my dirt bike

Suspension bolts out

check your rear suspensions!
I was cleaning my XTX yesterday and one bolt just before the small back wheel was out and another further forward a little loose!
Not very impressed as only 1800 very easy km's on it.
Will take it to the dealer as I think the one that has backed out is stripped.

Nytro xtx

The inner bolt on my upper A arm right side fell about 10 cm out.
WTF! Drunk mecanics or something. I was about 1 hour from town in Svalbard when it ocured. #$%&*

I'm trying to get my A-arms off to have them powdercoated, and I've got the opposite problem...can't get the bolts out of the ball joints. I've tried everything I can think of and can't loosen them up...

At least I know I wasn't going to lose an of them!

I remember how tough it was to remove the ball joint bolts on the spindles...a lot of power was needed to remove them.

I was able to break them free using a wrench and a breaker bar with an allen key socket...it sure was a biatch! It probably would have been easier to loosen them before I removed the A arms from the sled in order to get better leverage.

I was actually considering removing the A-arms, thinking it might allow me better leverage than I can get with them still hanging on the sled. Maybe I'll leave them on there if you had trouble doing it with them off.

Rd. 2 tomorrow...

Give em a spray with some sort of penetrating oil overnight...can't hurt...would some heat help?

Back