• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Axys RMK spindles

I wonder if the Indy cross country OR the 600 racer spindle would work? They seem to locate that top ball joint up a little further.
I am following this as I am in the market for a 121 Nytro for a project. I had a Nytro 144 back in the day and could never get the front end to my liking.
Seems like you guys are on it.
Yeah, I have been watching this thread and researching Polaris spindles too. The width of the window for the lower ball joint seems to be the issue with certain Polaris spindles. I have read so much about people using Axsys spindles, but it seems the window with is too narrow to use with stock Nytro control arms unless you grind something? Carwash guy above mentions he is using 2015 XCSP spindles with stock Nytro A arms and that it all works. Was hoping he would post some pics of this set up? G.B.

Not to hijack this thread but the thing that always bothered me about the Nytro's front end was the downward angle of the front a-arms.
All big bump vehicles, cars, quads, sleds etc. sit with the front a-arms flat at rest.
It seemed to me that a taller spindle was always needed to raise the outward mounting points of the arms allowing them to sit flatter at rest. It may take a spindle as tall as the Procross spindle to achieve this. At that point, shock mounting may be a problem.
Anyway, to those doing these modifications, well done!!!! If I can get a Nytro I will be using this information to make it a much better ride.
Maybe if Yamaha had been this invested into making these sleds ride and handle has well has the people on this forum, they would still be selling sleds!!!!

Back