• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone hunting?

Two week gun hunt just finished in central Ontario.. I’ve been hunting 26 years and this was the worse season yet..
We are a group of 7 and hunted for 6 days and we managed to get 2 nice bucks, but very few doe, fawns and smaller bucks were seen.
This one was the bigger of the two.View attachment 150793
I hunted in a group for the shotgun season first week of November in Huron County(east of Lake Huron). Hardly any corn was off so the deer had all that to stay in out of sight. We got seven but the Ministry of Natural Resources took one as our behavior was out of line one day, haha.

Normally I take lay off by choice early fall so I can hunt, do maintenance on the sleds and enjoy the cabin life, but gotta work this winter so not much time to hunt or do anything, getting very frustrated

Started hunting in Sept. for elk, first archery then rifle. Had action several times in archery while calling but not close enough and in rifle they answered but would not show them selves.
In Oct. moose season we had good luck, called a bull in to 40 yards and my partner got him. About a 3 year old with paddles the size of your two hands. Just the right size for eating.
Two years ago we got a 53" bull moose and it was so tough I'm sure my shoe souls would have been more tender.

YEP........That 53" Bull is known as a N.M.G.B. as ive had a couple animals over the years that were that....lol

Still nice just getting out into the woods ad enjoying the day, shooting something with a bow is always a bonus any day.

BTW....For those who do not know what "N.M.G.B." is

It Means... Needs More Gravy Bull

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back