• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone know if you can change the Nytro Gauge Colour?

Well, I took mine apart and had a look...

It looks to my like the actual LCD panel fits into a socket, and would come out with a little help, under that there appears to be 4 board mounts LEDs which is standard for this type of display.

I didn't have the stones to try to find out if the LED was actually soldered or fit into a socket, by prying it up.... So I left it at that! With that said, I do have another card up my sleeve, and I'll let you know about that later next week when I know more details..... But lets just say I'm working on it!

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

:Rockon:

TVBrian said:
Well, I took mine apart and had a look...

It looks to my like the actual LCD panel fits into a socket, and would come out with a little help,
:Rockon:

I don't know about yours but mine are sodered straight to the board, I pryed on it a little and it's def not a "sip" style board. Cudo's to you if you can pull it off but I would rather just buy the vector gauge and be done with it.

lots of places online that guys send their sport bike gauge clusters to have the LED's changed out to custom colors so I'm sure they could likely do it.

TVBrian said:
MattZx6 said:
lots of places online that guys send their sport bike gauge clusters to have the LED's changed out to custom colors so I'm sure they could likely do it.

You nailed it Matt... thats what I have in the works!

Workin on the possiblity of a group discount also, but we'll see how the first one turns out.

I'm in. Keep us posted.

Back