• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone make a rear storage bag for the 121"

Maxout01

VIP Member
I'm about to purchase a nytro, or doo 1200. One thing I like about the doo is even the 121" has room for a storage bag on the rear, the nytro has no room for anything lol. anyone know of a rear seat bag that's not like a week trip pack? I just want enough storage for day ride basics like a reg tunnel bag.

I have the tank bag which surprisingly holds alot of stuff...enough a day ride..it's not in the way for sit to stand transitioning..that might be an option for ya.

shaddow44 said:
I have the tank bag which surprisingly holds alot of stuff...enough a day ride..it's not in the way for sit to stand transitioning..that might be an option for ya.

Ok thanks for the info. I just figured the tank bag would be right in the way lol. I'll probably just go that route if I chose the nytro.

shaddow44 said:
Shaddow do you have any installed pics?

Here's a couple of pics of the deluxe tank bag on my xtx.

These are before I put the trail tank on. I needed to do a slight modification to the attachment scheme for the straps on the upper left and right sides as the trail tank deletes the stock plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_6773 copy.jpg
    IMG_6773 copy.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6770 copy.jpg
    IMG_6770 copy.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 78
Here's a pic of the piece that needs to be modified for the trail tank.

The bag comes with small plastic hooks to attach to the stock plastic (which is ~1/8" thick). The trail tank is something like ~5/8" thick in that area.

I ended up cutting out the stitching holding the stock plastic clips and putting some steel strap bent around the new size. I put snaps on the metal strap and then on the nylon portion of the bag to hold it together.

It ended up working really well.

Attachments

• Tank Bag Mod for Trail Tank.jpg
    Tank Bag Mod for Trail Tank.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 84
Maxout01 said:
shaddow44 said:

Ok thanks for the info. I just figured the tank bag would be right in the way lol. I'll probably just go that route if I chose the nytro.

I don't feel like the deluxe bag gets in the way with how it contours around the tank. It also has the clear top to be able to have your trail map readily viewable without having to dig for it. It holds quite a bit of stuff in there.

jcavana71
Thanks for photos of your tank bag.
I'm going to relocate gauge pod and will lose my handle bar bag in the process. I may be looking for new travel options.
BTW...
Where did you get that adustable riser set up?
How does it feel?
And did you need to add on cable extention or reroute brake lines?
Cheers

Mach,

The risers are from Lake Effect Snow. Chris has a great product.

In the top two pictures they are the 2.5" XTX Pivot Riser:

http://www.lakeffectsnow.com/securecart/customize_Pivot_riser.cfm

I didn't have to extend any cables with this setup, I just rerouted the throttle cable to go under the other cables.

This setup was just a little too short for me (I'm 6'6"), so I changed to the setup in the bottom picture.

That is the 2.5" Pivot Adapter with the 4" Handle Bar Riser:

http://www.lakeffectsnow.com/securecart/products.cfm

This setup required a longer throttle cable and parking brake cable and just a slight reroute of the brake line. I ordered the nytro mtx throttle and parking brake cables rather messing with extensions. The only other thing that I did was losen the zip ties holding the wire looms at the top of the headlight mount to give a little more play in the cables.

I really like the tapped holes that the risers have for the RAM mounts, made mounting the GPS a no brainer!

Attachments

• Lake Effect 2.5 in Pivot Adapter and 4 in Riser1.jpg
    Lake Effect 2.5 in Pivot Adapter and 4 in Riser1.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Lake Effect 2.5 in Pivot Adapter and 4 in Riser2.jpg
    Lake Effect 2.5 in Pivot Adapter and 4 in Riser2.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 76
tank bag on mine too. bought the 40th an bag to match the sled. works with 2 quick releases that hold it to the tubes above ur feet and a loop for around the fuel neck. i wont ride a sled without it, trail mapp pocket and enuf room for a day ride. i backpack if its an overnite adventure tho. if you had under tunnel exhaust you could fab something up at the back of the tunnel. im tryin to fab my own under tunell and see how it works.

Back