• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone not had a issue with the infamous "link"

miked

Veteran
Anyone not had an issue with the rear suspension link? I have about 400 miles on my sled with no issues but I am concerned about it breaking when I'm 50 miles from the truck. I don't jump my machine, but the trails do get rough.

My dealer was also just bought out, and the new dealer is still getting up to speed on yamaha and snowmobiles in general. It isn't always nice to start a conversion with th dealer like "I heard this on the internet" so can you fix something that isn't broken!

Luckily my sled has no issues at all, all these "link" issues makes me nervous because reading about it on here sounds like its not "if" its going to happen but when.

I have 1000 miles on mine with no problems with the link (yet). I have a work order sitting at the dealer for the recall work (steering) and a fan, but he says he is waiting for some other update parts... but I don't know what they yet might be.

Trevor

I beat my Mtn Lite hard enough to put front idler bolt ends into edge of tunnel on landings ( found during off-season), never broke anything. It's just Not got the setup to handle my 200 lbs...........yet.

I'm out of town for next week, will take and post pics of damaged area later

1300 on my gt, nothing broke but like you I don't want to find out on the trail, on a vacation trip or break and tear up my track. I Hope to here about a stronger replacement part as an update or even an aftermarket update improvment. I wouldn't mind buying a Billet one or stronger one and fixing it before it breaks and messes up my trip or something. Does anyone know of anyone selling a replacment?

Crummy phone pic but here is a pic taken from a 08 mtk Phazer.

Finally the Billet Part# 8gn4741b-00-00 $179.92 suggested price.
Maybe if enough of us order it they will refund cost?If not its worth piece of mind.

Attachments

• 10-19-07_1758.jpg
    10-19-07_1758.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 117
Phazed-Coug said:
NO issues here on my Mtn lite..
even have a couple big drops and plenty
of lots of jumping under my belt...

The problem has been with the FX models... Mine broke after 300 miles and a friend of mine broke his at 800 miles. There's no question theres a problem with the linkage.

funny how it seems to involve the FX only. I think I'm going to buy it if I can't get one from Yamaha. Doesn't look hard to install, I don't belive the skid frame will need to come out. 180 bucks is cheap insurance to prevent ruining a vacation.

Back