• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone not had a issue with the infamous "link"

I went and took my mtn lite in for the recall on the steering pins. While I was waiting I talked to the parts guy and asked him why there was a nice big piece of a bracket on the 08s.
He said because there was a problem with the 07s. I said well then I want one and NO I won't pay for it. He said he would make a call and let me know in a few days. Two days later the part is there and it is being done for free on the basis of if there was a problem then this is a safety issue. My dealer complained and he got the parts and warranty approval. My sled as an appointment for wed install.
NO COST!! :Rockon:
Speak up at your dealers. Ask them why there is the fancy bracket, make them say there was an issue! they know about it! :ORC

I have not had an issue w/ the infamous link YET, but I did have (3) recalls / updates done to my FX. I am waiting to see if I will have to pay for a fan? Mine runs hot even when I do have good conditions? If you are not hammering on it (I.E my fiance driving) The light will come on often? Any more recalls and I might start thinking if Yamaha's fit and finish is starting to go down hill. I hope not. I just picked up an 08 NITRO?

:die :whine:

Took my FX in for the recalls and also asked the dealer about the "link" . He indicated at the Yamaha Tech update meetings there were hardly any complaints about the link. He went on to say that those that did break were jumping or ridding bumps all day all the time. The solution Yamaha is offering is a suspension kit for the sled that includes the link, new springs, etc. The reason for the kit is that there is a concern that if just the link is replaced, a hard hit may break something else on the sled instead. The bad news is the kit is around 500 bucks for just the parts! He also said yamaha would not replace it unless it was broke. I guess we'll see what happens this season!

miked said:
Took my FX in for the recalls and also asked the dealer about the "link" . He indicated at the Yamaha Tech update meetings there were hardly any complaints about the link. He went on to say that those that did break were jumping or ridding bumps all day all the time.

Warning Rant mode on! Didn't Yamaha advertise this as a "rough trail sled"??? WTF !!! Was I the only one that saw the video's they played at the dealer of the sled in these kind of conditions? And they didn't expect that people would ride them the way they advertised the sled. They should be giving this kit out to those that need it under false advertising. Because of that now I have to pay more to make the sled hold up to the way I expected it to be from the advertising, which was why I bought the thing in the first place. Come on!!! :whine: Rant off!

I've been dealing with the link issue for a while now and I'm still getting the yammiee shaft. My dealer after having the sled for the last 2 months and getting yamaha to promise to put the new style installed "backordered till jan 2 2008" They told him to put the old style back in too get me going. That'd be great if they could find one of them. My dealer got so pissed he ended up welding the old link back together just so I would have a sled and from what I hear from him yamaha wasn't to keen on him doing it. But after this b.s. I think it will be his only way of keeping any of my business. Fourstock sleds can rant and rave about how great they are but when you can't ride them they turn out being just as junky as any other sled, at least if I had had my rings flake on my skidoo I could be up and running in a week. All I can say is I'm feed up with my riding season even before it started. This sucks.......

Back