• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone paint a tunnel?

Mad Dog

I was wondering if anyone has painted their tunnel, and how big of a process it was? I think that a sled just looks more finished with the tunnel painted black. Planning on getting a Vector or Vector GT soon and I really like the black tunnel on the GT. So if I end up with a regular Vector, then I was thinking about trying to paint the tunnel. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Pray for snow!! :Rockon:

Here's my tip. But the GT its not worth the headache of trying to paint the tunnel after the fact when you can get it black from the factory. Whats the difference in price. Should be more than 1k should it?

there is a guy on here that has a cpl rx's that he painted silver and lots of clear to keep that shiny look, i cant remember his name, but i think he owned a body shop.... had an entire yami family too.... maybe he will see this and chime in....

you'll need to use some alum. etching primer after scuffing the tunnel with a scotch brite pad.i would also clear over it.depends if your using a can or a spray gun.theres alot of work involved either way.

Wrinkle black.

Attachments

• crapexwc.jpg
    crapexwc.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 123
  • wcapexwrinkle.jpg
    wcapexwrinkle.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 124
That looks awewsome! The rhino lining is not a bad idea. I had a Jeep Wrangler and took out all of the carpet and rhino lined the entire interior. came out pretty good.

Back