• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone ride Moosehead lake in Maine lately? UPDATE 1-18-08

Highmiler

Expert
Planning a trip for Wednesday around Moosehead lake and would like to cross the lake at Rockwood and head over to Kokadjo. Has anyone been there lately? Is it safe???? Thanks.

no riding for you ,work called and they need you to cover those days,lol,how you doing ?many miles this year,i have about 400 but 3 days off this weekend will fix that,sled is running strong ,more trophies to keep care of lol,good luck on your ride,enjoy,days are getting longer

I talked to a guy last week who said he crossed at Kineo. Not sure about the rest of the lake, it has been warm here, so be careful. Usually if your on the Rockwood side you can run up to the store and they will let you know if it's o.k. to cross.

170plus said:
no riding for you ,work called and they need you to cover those days,lol,how you doing ?many miles this year,i have about 400 but 3 days off this weekend will fix that,sled is running strong ,more trophies to keep care of lol,good luck on your ride,enjoy,days are getting longer

How is it where you are.. Leaving on Sat for Van Buren?

Thanks!

I dont know about the lake but i was in Kokadjo last weekend before we got this snow last night. I came from millinocket got on the trail right near millinocket lake ITS 85 and took that all the way into kokadjo. The trails were great up till about 3miles from kokadjo, they started to get thin, then about 1 mile out it was mostly gravle and had to bounc from snow bank to snow bank. i never headed to moose head but from the looks of the other trails coming into the store they were thin too. if they got as much snow as we did down here than they shouldnt be a problem anymore.

ride

Left Fort Kent Wednesday at 5:15AM and rode to Portage, Oxbow, Shin Pond, down to Millinocket, over to Kokadjo, onto Route 66 and crossed Moosehead lake to Rockwood, and yes lake was good to cross. Next I went around Parlin Pond, climbed Coburn Mountain, which was a hoot!!! My ears popped 6 times while climbing that sucker and the view up there in the clouds was unbelievable!! Anyway came down the mountain, shot up to Jackman, then around Moosehead to Pittston Farm, Northeast Carry, back to Kokadjo and over again to Millinocket. Had to grab a motel in Millinocket cause all gas station were closed and we needed fuel. I had reset my trip from Fort Kent and when I got to motel I had 502 miles. Shot home Thursday for another 243 miles!! Awesome trip.

Back