• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone ride with goggles that dont fog?

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
I have been using 509 sinister for years they are cheap $50 ish goggles. No complaints little frost on the bottom edge.

I use them for ATVing now so I could step up to Aviators, which were awesome...on paper.

In real life AWFUL. Iced up nearly instantly one I hit 5 mph. Couldn't see the whole dang weekend.

I am either going to A) get another lens (they make them quick change magnetic snap in thing) and a goggle holder so I can swap them out easily or B) just move on to another brand. Thinking Klim Oculus or equivalent.

Anyone got any they are proud of?

91C7F9A7-7290-4ECA-8A01-179BE69CC8CE.jpeg
457BB44D-4A0E-4D70-84DC-7B1D5395A958.jpeg

I switched to the 509 Ignite goggles. More money but when you only ride a few times a year, it's worth it to me. I carry an extra battery with me and have never had a fogging issue.

What helmet are you using? I’ve found that also plays a large part.

My old Shoei VFX-DT with old Scott Recoil Xi Pro Snocross goggles rarely fog. They probably don’t make either of those anymore.

Lynx Radien magnet goggles. Never an issue with fog.

2nd season using the CKX Titan with the CKX 210* goggles. Never fog or frost up.
Before that I had the FXR Blade with FXR goggles with no issues and before that I had a HJC MX with a various amount of goggles including 509 with no issues.
The key is your balaclava. I tried many types and ended up frankenstiening my own. It was an Unwind and I sewed on a bikers neoprene facemask. This gave me added protection around the edge of the goggles and a good breathe box. Never used the helmet's breathe box. This balaclava work well in both the HJC and FXR. Tried other balaclavas like the Klim Artic and the FXR Block Ops but they had their shortcomings.
Now with the CKX Titan and CKX goggles I used the Ski Doo Ultimate Trail which meant for the BV2S. Zero issues with this setup.

I used to have a ton of problems with 509 goggles in the past but started running there newer styles and no longer have an issue but really believe it was because I went to a helmet that doesn't have a breath box and use the kilim artic balaclava that deflects my breath down and out. the only time i really have an issue is if i didn't take them off when stopped or had gotten stuck and was working up much extra heat. which in the end they tend to fog then freeze. With ridding off trail in the trees and ridding out west always try to have at least 2 sets of goggles. I use a Tobe Terminator helmet as well that breathes very well.

FXR quick detach came with my helmet, never fog up

Back