• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone using 509 Googles with their open face helmet?

My polarized sinisters are the best goggles I've owned ;)!

I have two pairs of googles and the helmet. By far the best googles I have ever had and the warmest helmet

I think the rest of the posts speak for the 509's...ive got 3 pairs (soon to be ordering another) and I won't wear anything else. I love the way they fit and have yet to ride in conditions where they fog on me.

yamariv said:
Thanks for all he replies gents! Guess I'll be ordering a couple of pairs then!
I've never wore the aviators, but my buddy at work says their not worth the extra money....just keep that in mind!

yami123 said:
yamariv said:
Thanks for all he replies gents! Guess I'll be ordering a couple of pairs then!
I've never wore the aviators, but my buddy at work says their not worth the extra money....just keep that in mind!

You need to wear a pair, they are worth it! Way better then the sinisters.........

I have sinisters and aviators w/the klim f4 yamaha helmet. i think the sinisters work better sealing up around that helmet but they are both good goggles and you can't go wrong w/them!!

I wear Zeal Detonators. Only need to ride with 1 set regardless of light as they are polarized and photochromic (automatic). May cost more, but have been worth every penny to me.

I ride with scott photochromics and also ride with only one pair. They never fog, and seal great with my fox helmet. The only comparison I have however is smith and afx. Never used the 509, but thought about trying the new klim. Just don't want to give up on the photochromic

What colour is every using?

I want to order the red.. the 509 catalogue shows them as sunny and cloudy use, but then a couple pages after - shows the replacement red lens as a sunny day lense.

I used the polarized lens for everything and have not had a problem yet even at night (this surprised me as I expected to need to swap out at night). However I do have the chrome mirror/yellow tint that came stock with the googles and rode once with them, they were great all around, good definition, easy to wear in the bright days and areas but also did well when it got cloudy and were exceptional in the dark, made it super easy to see terrain definition. My brother has the blue mirror/orange tint, and my cousin has the chrome mirror/orange tint. These are great for sunny days and still perform well in overcast and at night but they can be a little to dark for my liking but i haven't put any trail time on these ones, only tried them on the side of the trail.

IMO the polarized are the absolute best however a cheaper alternative and probably the next best all around lens for me would be the chrome mirror/yellow tint.

Supa Dexta said:
What colour is every using?

I want to order the red.. the 509 catalogue shows them as sunny and cloudy use, but then a couple pages after - shows the replacement red lens as a sunny day lense.
i tried my red ones on and its def a sunny day lens, very dark... might be ok on a cloudy day to though...

Back