• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone running advantage roller secondary

mace

anyone using this secondary if so how do you like it? I have one and its really smooth.
would like to clutch for more top end.
what are you guys using for clutching?
have 06 rtx with 40 bottom gear, tried ulmer fly wieghts and pioneer flywieghts and think with this roller secondary that stock flywieghts work better, seat of pants.
would like to hear from you guys
thanks
ckm

I have been using one since 1998. Right now on my Attak I am using 41/35 with hh,s. You won,t gain anything on top but the sled is just so much more fun to drive. Stock weights give good acceleration & top end but they are too aggressive for a lot of the riding I do. HH,s can be tuned for better throttle response & properly weighted I can get close to stock weights for top end.

Mr Turk,
Do you get a bigger light load cruise upshift with this set up?

In other words cruising along at sixty with 1/8 throttle opening with the motor zinging along at 7500-8000 rpm seems sort of silly.

Any way to bring the cruise RPM down and yet still get to 10,500 quickly when you pin it?

Next time i do 60 mph I will check cruising rpm,s. A lot of our riding is 70-100 mph with a lot of on & off the throttle.

I have the same roller with the stock gearing. I have the 47-37 helix with the stock weights out front. My RPMs run in the low 10s and climb to about 10,800 on hard packed if I hold it long enouph. I have Heavy Hitters that I'll be playing with as well.
I have mixxed feelings if I get better performance then stock, but it does shift smoother.

Dan

Back