• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone seeing new Apex's being recieved?

whitedust1 said:
Bummer....I heard today from superdealer industry rumors are starting that Yamaha is getting out of snowmobile biz. He said BRP was asking what he heard from Yam. As always he said Yam very very tight lipped about anything new or exit. He sees Yam market same as me. Current Yam lineup is pretty solid but could bring a hyper speed sled based on Nytro platform at top of food chain sort of like what doo did with Mach & AC did with Thundercat. Current Apex 150 hp is plenty hp for trails & more than that is pretty much straight line running.

Considering that they were doing a photoshoot for the 2011 models I don't they will be getting out of the industry just yet.

http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/blogs/news/2009/12/18/fire-delays-2011-yamaha-photo-shoot.aspx

tstewartfn14 said:
The dealer I have done business with in southern NH had three stores at the start of 08 within 30 miles of each other. He sold everything but Honda and Arctic Cat. He now has one store and sells only Polaris,Suzuki and Kawasaki. I was there the day Yammi took back all inventory. I wonder how many times this has been repeated across the US. Yammi is preparing to weather the storm in the recreation market. Go into any non Yammi dealer and you will find crap loads of leftover inventory,what do you think that does to the value of used product.

Sorry I don't agree with that! Midwest had good snow last year & a good start this year & blowing sleds out left & right. Not much used around either. If you can't get new sleds sure is difficult to sell them & take trades,

KevinS said:
whitedust1 said:
Bummer....I heard today from superdealer industry rumors are starting that Yamaha is getting out of snowmobile biz. He said BRP was asking what he heard from Yam. As always he said Yam very very tight lipped about anything new or exit. He sees Yam market same as me. Current Yam lineup is pretty solid but could bring a hyper speed sled based on Nytro platform at top of food chain sort of like what doo did with Mach & AC did with Thundercat. Current Apex 150 hp is plenty hp for trails & more than that is pretty much straight line running.

Considering that they were doing a photoshoot for the 2011 models I don't they will be getting out of the industry just yet.

http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/blogs/news/2009/12/18/fire-delays-2011-yamaha-photo-shoot.aspx

Funny all that got burned up too......What worries me is little to no 2010 inventory & snowmobile division spit in the ocean for a Yamaha Motor Co. We could be a lot more trouble than we are worth to Yamaha. I luv my Attack but who knows what goes on at the top in Japan.

Thanks you guys for all that replied. It is interesting on everyones take on this situtation. I sure hope they get their act together and get sleds to these guys that have them on order. Please keep the comments coming, and if anyone knows where there is a 2010 Apex GT LTX that is available let me know. Thanks Again.

whitedust1 said:
tstewartfn14 said:
The dealer I have done business with in southern NH had three stores at the start of 08 within 30 miles of each other. He sold everything but Honda and Arctic Cat. He now has one store and sells only Polaris,Suzuki and Kawasaki. I was there the day Yammi took back all inventory. I wonder how many times this has been repeated across the US. Yammi is preparing to weather the storm in the recreation market. Go into any non Yammi dealer and you will find crap loads of leftover inventory,what do you think that does to the value of used product.

Sorry I don't agree with that! Midwest had good snow last year & a good start this year & blowing sleds out left & right. Not much used around either. If you can't get new sleds sure is difficult to sell them & take trades,
Dealer sells all RVs,street bikes,motoX, four wheelers, utility vehicles, sleds are a fraction of most dealers sales in the Northeast. Yamaha took an efn major hit in bikes since 2008 as did all makes. We have had two incredible winters here also,Poo,Doo and kiity cat leftovers are abundant.

Is anyone see the new 2010 Vector GT LTX at their dealers? My friend is thinking that if they can't get his Apex soon, that he would settle for one of the new Vectors and put a S/C on it. any comments would be appreciated.

tstewartfn14 said:
Agree with shanks, cutting back production only increases the value of our sleds. I have to say they are real shi$heads if they have not honored early buyers. If the situation was reversed the consumer takes the pipe! I spring bought xcr and they were calling me in August to pick it. I don't know what is worse snow without sled or sled without snow? :o|

Snow without sled is definitively the worst situation to be in.
Having a sled you could always race it on grass, ice or tarmac until the snow finally flies :)

Just to let everyone know, my dealer came up with a sled from a dealer that is 500 miles away. but at least my friend is getting taken care of. Thanks for all the responses. Have a Great Winter

I have seen so many new leftovers. I even seen a brand new 2006 Attak for less than $7k. These models are identical to the new ones. Why spend $10k on a 2010?

10K on a new 2010... was up to a dealer here last week, 2010 ltx gt $17000 and change.... just about #*$&@... i didnt think they would ask retail, talked to the salesmen and asked how he was making out... was kinda imbarrased... at least thats the impression i got... they just are not moving.. especially at that price.

Its the market correcting itself. They weren't worth 11k us to begin with. Too many good machines out there for less money actually for many people. You couldn't give a Apex to some of my friends..I'm sad to admit. But I'm a Apex man all the way threw.

Back