• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

12 mm swaybar on Attak/Apex?

sxmatt

Pro
Is anyone using a 12 mm swaybar on an Attak or Apex? What is your experience with it? Have you noticed flatter cornering. Is the ride harsh as compared to the stock 11 mm? I would rather go with a 12 than a 13 mm bar because of the harsh ride of the 13 mm.

Thanks
Matt
;)!

Sorry LB but I gotta disagree. The 13mm bar is way too harsh for me. Ask Dirk, he agree's. We both had tingling hands after we test rode a buddies 13mm equipped attak last january in muni.

I have the 13mm bar ... it is definitly stiffer than the stock bar.. Do i think i causes tingily fingers.. NO.. (and i have corpal tunel syndrome)

A 12mm would definitly be a step in the right direction.. (good happy medium)

Leaddog.. i wasnt aware they made a 14mm bar.. I do know some companys like CBPerforance that will make you one to your liking..

welterracer said:
I have the 13mm bar ... it is definitly stiffer than the stock bar.. Do i think i causes tingily fingers.. NO.. (and i have corpal tunel syndrome)

A 12mm would definitly be a step in the right direction.. (good happy medium)

Leaddog.. i wasnt aware they made a 14mm bar.. I do know some companys like CBPerforance that will make you one to your liking..

There is no Denying that Dan and I had Tingling hands after riding an attack with a 13mm sway bar. I can't speak for you Brian so don't try to speak for us on this topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 13mm bar is good for handling but it did cause severe Tingling and numbness in our hands!!!!! That is a fact!!!!!!!!

I agree the 13mm is for Extremly aggressive riders only.. (people who will not execpt ski lift)

A better substitution is the 12mm bar.. (better handling a slight increase in suspension stiffness)

Fortunatly for me i was able to decrease the amount of front shock compression settings to help decrease the stiffness the 13mm bar adds and i really cant complain now..

An attack doesnt have the adjustable front shocks so therefor you cannot control the dampening of the shocks!

sxmatt said:
N2o

Are you saying that you no noticable reduction of ski lift with the 12 mm bar. Could you be more specific.

Thanks
Matt
there was less ski lift, but it wasnt the improvement i was hoping for. it sure didnt turn it into my viper. i dont think a bar will give us the results we are looking for. what we need is some strait rate springs for the front along with a revalve. bruce at pioneer performance said it wouldnt be a problem revalving for flatter cornering. i think the front is a little soft to begin with anyways. my pro x has a tiny sway bar with heavy springs and shocks and it corners awesome! a heavy swaybar will make it more unstable over uneven terrain.

I guess this is one of those "Works For Me" things as it may not work for you.

I mounted one on Mr. Magoo's 06 Apex GT, I really liked it & even Jeff thought it made a differance on the sled. It onlt took about 10 minutes to put on, find a used one in the TY Classifieds mount it try it and you tell us what you think. :-o

BTW........They are a cheap upgrade :flag:

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
I guess this is one of those "Works For Me" things as it may not work for you.

I mounted one on Mr. Magoo's 06 Apex GT, I really liked it & even Jeff thought it made a differance on the sled. It onlt took about 10 minutes to put on, find a used one in the TY Classifieds mount it try it and you tell us what you think. :-o

BTW........They are a cheap upgrade :flag:
for under $100 you cant go wrong. some people will think its a huge difference and others wont notice much at all. i guess im kind of numb to some stuff. i dont feel an extra 2 hp and really cant tell much of a difference between 2 clicks of the r.a. i would say its worth trying a 13mm bar and if someone doesnt like it ill trade it for my 12mm bar or they could sell it easy with only a very small loss.

Back