• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone try pilot skis

srxtim26076

Extreme
I notice e bay has pilot skis listed for200$. Has anyone tried them? I have a 2008nytro fx rtx.

I have virtually eliminated the darting by using the dual runners and flipping the rubber but I am looking for more stability.

they sucked in lose snow and powder....your doo dealer has the full kit with everything including cabides for $230...had them on my Attak

Love the pilot son the nytro when you run the dual runners on them. I don't feel there is much of a better ski design out there they work awesome.

TurboJamie said:
Love the pilot son the nytro when you run the dual runners on them. I don't feel there is much of a better ski design out there they work awesome.

Agreed...As a trail ski, they are fantastic. I haven't tried some of the other brands, but there was a 100% improvement in trail manners with the pilots (dual runners).

In the powder, they still leave a little to be desired. Are they better than the stockers? Yes, but only marginally.

I don't know too many skis that provide trail and off-trail greatness, but I've read good things about the Curve XS.

Hard to beat the pilots for a cheap mod.

On my Rev, the very first thing I removed was the Pilots! They were the worst ski ever built in my opinion. Do a search on Dootalk, those guys ALL had them, and now run aftermarket or old school skis.

Couldnt dissagree more with deadman..

Im on my second set of pilots on my apex gt..

Best ski out there IMO.. they are not extremely aggressive so you get easy steering and if you drive the sled right you can power right threw threw the turns..

SLeds that area really light need more of kneel.. heavy sleds like Yamis who have more weight up front need less of a kneel

I hate heavy stearing..

P.S. I run 6 inch carbides inside and out..

The Pilots would push you right into the trees on the Revs. I was amazed that they even had a value, i would have thrown them in my Dumpster. They were junk on the rev, but maybe the heavy yamis like that becuase of their weight.

The Pilots have little to no keel, so please don't expect them to do ANYTHING in loose snow, muchless powder. i'm only trying to help eliminate someone buying these, and hating them like I did.

Interesting comments! I have a2003 rev. Not surer what version which skis are on this but I feel like I have good control and east steering and absolutely no darting. I can also travel over stutter bumps at high speed and virtually let go of the handlebars

My nytro has no more darting with the dual carbides however it takes considerrable effort at high speeds also the steering is hard espicially with the floats set under 50 PBS

Also I mostly ride groomed trails in the U.P.

I guess I should clarify that I ride rather fast, and expect crisp precise cornering. I love tight woods trails, and I run them Faster than most. Maybe I just overdrive them.......I'm sure they're great for putting around.

Deadman said:
I guess I should clarify that I ride rather fast, and expect crisp precise cornering. I love tight woods trails, and I run them Faster than most. Maybe I just overdrive them.......I'm sure they're great for putting around.

Not to be a dink but we ride very fast, the pilots work fine. Perhaps your setup needs some tweaking.

I have Piolts on my 06 rev and Nytro rtx. What I have found is that Shaper bars give you that extra keel that helps in loose stuff. Yes in deep snow they give up a lot. But I ride 90% tight groomed trails that get icy and nasty, they work great for that. ;)!

P.S. i run shapers in the middle and outside

Back