• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex 2011-2016, Which one to get.

Not sure if I’m allowed to post this if not feel free to remove it. I’m selling my 12 xtx in northern Wisconsin. Has 4000 miles on it. One owner never wrecked or rolled. All stock except the track which is a prestudded ice attack xt. Feel free to pm me if interested.

Thanks for all replies. I`m keeping an eye out for what`s for sale.

Right now there is a nice 15 model for sale right now at about 12k$ with some options. it`s a tad expensive, when you can get nice/ok 11`s for about 5500$ (from time to time). Then there are a few really low mile 16`s for 15500$.

The nicest one, to me, is the 14, so I`m hoping for one eventually.
Is that 12k US? See you are in Norway.
I purchased my 11 XTX with 775 miles for 5600. this past October, rode 2925 miles this season and loved every minute of it.

They have dropped in value now that they are a non-current model. I had a 12 XTX here with low miles last fall and the owner wrongly thought it was worth 8-9000.(CA)
Best we could get was 7200
It's good value, but I see the young crowd will finance the newest 'cool' model, when they really can't afford it, and should be buying used.

There is nothing wrong with the 11. the wheel mounts are a tad higher but the up side is less track noise, 5mm larger wheels is the answer or go duponts and less track noise, I chose the later. 11 used a ski setup that has less trail. Its a non issue. you just have to buy the snowtrackers for an 11. Everything else is the same.

It`s been a while.
Still looking, and still want a 14 or 15 model. But at almost half the price i may go with a 11 or 12 model. Right now I`ll save 3600$ by getting a 12 model over a 14 model.

So you save $3600 by buying 2 years older. Similar mileage? And same model? There should be very few if any differences in features between those years. If mileage is similar, start making a list of things to add to the 2012 and go get it!!

You could get yourself a cover, seat upgrade, skis, Dupont Hyfax, carbides, pre-studded track, massive GPS, Rocz HID Headlights and a couple oil change kits and still be $2500 ahead!!

the 12+ apex xtx just has some wheels mounted in a different location vs the 11. i have both skids and they ride/wear the same from what i have seen.

So you save $3600 by buying 2 years older. Similar mileage? And same model? There should be very few if any differences in features between those years. If mileage is similar, start making a list of things to add to the 2012 and go get it!!

You could get yourself a cover, seat upgrade, skis, Dupont Hyfax, carbides, pre-studded track, massive GPS, Rocz HID Headlights and a couple oil change kits and still be $2500 ahead!!

yes, both xtx`s, about the same mileage. the 14 har ohlins shocks as standard here, so there`s that. The 12 has wrp seat and 2" track lugs. I`m planning on getting oilite front end bushings and dupont sliders, regardless of which one I get. The 12 also has some rust on the front end, so I have to blast and paint it.

Back