• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex changes

j-mac

Pro
I just bought another 2006 apex rtx. I read a lot of different threads on hear last year. Here are some of the changes I am getting ready to do.
I would like to here some feed back rather it is good or bad. Maybe better.
I also would like to know if any one knows if you can just buy the wireing harness to put on my hand wormers instead of the hole kit?

Changing the following items.
1" predator 6 pitch track predrilled down the middle with a 2/4 pattern.
144 stainless 1.3 carbide tipped picks.
Gears 23/40 for maximum low end and top end performance.
White secondary spring and grinding my helix down and putting on 5/16"
washer on each thread. (Or ulmer stage 2 kit)?
CR10EK NGK plugs

Any comments?
Thanks John

Add small wheels in the bend of the rails. Fix Powersports wheel Kit.... Ulmer kit but without the gearing, since you are going with 23/40. Ulmer airbox mod and PCIII/Ign controller if you got the extra doe.

If you are going to hammer this sled through the bumps, you should go with a stiffer rear spring (7.1) and get PIONEER performance to revalve it so the valving matches the spring.
The stock set up in the rear shock is not very well balanced with the Fox Floats up front.

The sleds probably do for a Pioneer front end bushing kit, takes up any play in the front arms.

If you still have the stock 2006 apex handle bars you can order just the wiring harness. on the 2008 PHAZER there was bulletin published about low heat out put from the handle bars.

The update was adding a harness, it's the same harness that came with the updated handle bars for the apex
Just ask your dealer to look up the part # up on the bulletin for 2008 phazer GT

I found adding a 5amp circuit breaker to the yellow and red wire helps protect the system the breaker kicks in when you get just past half on the dash but your hands are burning by then

last but not least grease or change the left side drive axle bearing

Back