• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex clutch kits

I used a adjstable pin weight kit of my 04 Rev 800 and it took me some time to get it setup to where it pulled the best.
Time is everything to some of us.
I will be getting a kit with tunability as not all sleds or riders are the same.
Me being 270 lbs without my gear on is alot diff than my g/f being 103 lbs without gear on her.
The key is to get the sled to shift up to max hp rpm and stay there.
I hope this sled runs as good as I hear they do.
I missed a test ride a few weeks ago, I was off racing my car and couldnt get to the grass drags.
So Im buying a sled and never ridden it or rode proto's.
And Im soooo looking forward to it.

Scott

Ive always done my own clutching, in the 90's made a business of it and even clutched one of srxspec's competitors at 1 time but Im completely new to both Yamaha and 4 strokes and frankly have no interest in dicking around with sleds anymore, Id rather just ride them. I can attest that anyone who pursues it seriously is going to have a expensive box of parts in their shop, you cant avoid it. I know that Allen and his Dad are quite competent in the field and wont think twice about buying from them.

I never dealt with srxspec so i cannot comment , I have always dealt with Matt at the speed shop and he has always set me up perfect and costumer service is excellent, one night late i was having issues with different setups and matt talked me through what to do at like 9 at night as he was putting his kid in the bath tub!! When someone goes through that much hassle so the next day i can have a good ride...well that goes alonge way!

Apexaholic, our kits come fully adjustable. The weights have 6 locations (3 spots per side) to adjust with washers and screws. You can add up to 42 grams per weight!

rx1ton, Matt @ The Speed Shop will be carrying our kits this year as well.

Watch our area tomorrow for updates on clutching!!!

Back