• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex engine bog.

Nytroman

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 FX Nytro
Hey guys, My brother has an 06 Apex and he is experiancing some engine bogging at the hole shot. It seems almost like a hessitation. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this??

on ulmer racing website under the stealth air-box mod, there direction on how to add more fuel to the lower end to get rid of the bog, check it out

If your brother weighs anything over 220lbs with good traction it's the stock weights! I've purchased Haucks fuel accelerator to cure this problem and no luck. IMO, the weights are so aggressive they suck the belt into the secondary too soon.

My bro weighs about 160 dry and the bog was noticed in about 3 feet of powder but it is also there on the hard pack. We put a new belt on and the plugs are new this year. We tried the Ulmer racing tips and it helped a little but still did not take it completely away. Talked to the dealer and they have had no such problems reported. We have checked everything obvious that we could think of, but we are running out of ideas. We are new at the 4-stroke game as we both bought 4-strokers this year and are still getting used to working on them. I would just hate to pay $100/hr to have the dealer say it was something simple that we could have done. Thanks for the tips so far guys.

My 07 gt does the same thing in all conditions. I'm going to try adding some fuel per ulmers instructions. Any one know how much +5,10??

Nytroman said:
Hey guys, My brother has an 06 Apex and he is experiancing some engine bogging at the hole shot. It seems almost like a hessitation. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this??

Check the primary clutch to see if there is a large groove in the sheaves at the bottom. If so that might be his problem. my 2 cents.

Thewhitedogg: When I did the Ulmer racing tips, I went up by 2's until I hit 10, at around 10 it started to help.

when i added my ram-air i thought i would have to add fuel for the stumble but after it was installed it never did, some sleds have to add fuel and others don't, it's weird

Did the Air box actually add any noticeable performance gains?? I would definately consider doing it if it does.

Nytroman said:
Did the Air box actually add any noticeable performance gains?? I would definately consider doing it if it does.

yes, it does, there are a couple types, the so called ram-air, which makes it louder and the stealth one which is quiteter, they both do the same

Back