• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex ER Luggage question

MXD said:
Genuine Yamaha or this Cold Wave setup? WHat experience have you guys had?

if you want to carry clothes for more than a day do not buy the yamaha bags, very small. i bought a nice set of bags from a/c. they fit good and don't look nearly as bulky as the coldwave bags.

I bought the Yammy ones, and I also have the nose bag under the hood (and the seat trunk). Since I don't carry oil anymore, I have TONS of room for clothes!!! :Rockon:

I HAD YAMAHA SEMI RIDGID BAGS AND HAD LOTS OF TROUBLE. STRAPS PULLING OUT OF THE BAG, ZIPPER BROKEN AND MARKED SIDE OF THE MACHINE. SO NOW I USE COLD WAVE EASY TO INSTALL AND EASY TO TAKE OFF WHEN YOU GO INTO YOUR HOTEL ROOM. NO FEDDLING TO PUT THEM BACK ON IN THE MORNING,THEY JUST SNAP INPLACE.

I usually go out for 3 or 4 days at a time, hotel to hotel, so to speak. I have always had enough room in the Yamaha bag I use. Of course, if you traveled as heavy as my wife, I could see using a bigger bag. However, with the bigger bags, if they are not fairly rigid and not full, they do tend to flop around, ... a lot. If you get one, you may want to take some extra bungies. My brother-in-law's big AC bag always has to have one of the mulitple corded bungies as well as the origonal fasteners, one of which I had to fix last time we went out. I guess it just depends on what you want to take along and how rough of trail you expect to encounter.

Modular Coldwave bags on order. Very spacious side bags, did not order the huge trunk bag with the beverage holder on top, but will probably adapt something much smaller to fit there.

LUGGAGE

Well, I have the Yammy bags and went on a 7 day trip and had NO problems at all, you just need to pack for a sledding trip and not a European vacation.

Only word of advice is strap a couple of bungee cords, by buddy's came loose and got caught under the track at 75 mph, not a funny scene.
Other than that they worked very well.

Back