• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex ER Luggage question

serpags, sounds like fun! a guy in my group a few years back had a bag come loose and was ripped open by the track and his things were all down the trail, he didnt know untill his sneeker came out and went up the tunnel and wedged in the front. locked the track up, took 3 people and a 5' log to get the thing out

Put a light duty ratchet strap over your bags from the running boards. It stops the bags from flopping around even if they are not full. I've used one for the last few years with no troubles. Might have to drill a hole in the running board for the hook to go through.

Apsterbobed said:
serpags, sounds like fun! a guy in my group a few years back had a bag come loose and was ripped open by the track and his things were all down the trail, he didnt know untill his sneeker came out and went up the tunnel and wedged in the front. locked the track up, took 3 people and a 5' log to get the thing out

LOL !!! LaLaLa

Sounds very close to my buddy. Thing is, he had a brand new camera, his wallet..... shreeded all over the trail.

Kinda put a damper on the trip, know what I mean ?

Yeah,I was thinking about that or a large bungee, but for the money for the bags and the mount, I was hoping coldwave would have engineered something better.

The Yamaha bags do not flop around like these others. No need for extra bungies or straps, etc. I often use the bag only partially full for a day trips, too. However, it does pay to pack some extra towels or something to keep fragile things from shaking around inside the semi-rigid bags.

SERPAGS said:
Apsterbobed said:

LOL !!! LaLaLa

Sounds very close to my buddy. Thing is, he had a brand new camera, his wallet..... shreeded all over the trail.

Kinda put a damper on the trip, know what I mean ?

That sucks I would be pissed too. "Hey can I borrow some money my snowmobile ate my credit cards"

Back